Need help!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm in need of some advice. I'm a 23 year old female who goes to school full time and when I'm not in school, I'm studying. I live in an apartment with my boyfriend who works nights. So far I've lost about 12 pounds but that is only by changing my eating habits, not adding exercise to the equation. I want to keep losing weight but I also need to tone up, badly.

Now I have tried all kinds of exercise tapes and can't seem to find anything I like or anything that I can fit into my schedule. As far as tapes, I've tried Slim in 6, pilates, yoga, you name it I've spent money trying it. What I need is something short and to the point as far as exercises go. If anyone has anything that works for them, any ideas and advice are appreciated. Anything that you would like to share about what works for you is more than welcomed as well. Thanks!

Replies

• skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm in need of some advice. I'm a 23 year old female who goes to school full time and when I'm not in school, I'm studying. I live in an apartment with my boyfriend who works nights. So far I've lost about 12 pounds but that is only by changing my eating habits, not adding exercise to the equation. I want to keep losing weight but I also need to tone up, badly.

Now I have tried all kinds of exercise tapes and can't seem to find anything I like or anything that I can fit into my schedule. As far as tapes, I've tried Slim in 6, pilates, yoga, you name it I've spent money trying it. What I need is something short and to the point as far as exercises go. If anyone has anything that works for them, any ideas and advice are appreciated. Anything that you would like to share about what works for you is more than welcomed as well. Thanks!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Well, I would recommend P90X - these would meet your criteria of no nonsense workouts.
  • skwhatley
    Options
    I've heard plenty of good things about P90x but at this point I can't really afford it. What I'm looking for is something fairly cheap and that would be easy on my knees and ankles. Thanks for the advice though!

Anyone else have any ideas/advice?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

For exercise, I take a walk almost every day, and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. Maybe you could try something like that too. :smile:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Do you have a bike? The weather is getting nice, and if you can take your bike on errands, you'll get some exercise while doing things you need to do anyway. It will be easy on your knees too. If you don't have one now, you could probably pick one up at a yard sale or on Craig's list for $25 or less.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Go on Netflix and look up those 10-minute workout videos. Sarah Ivanhoe has a bunch of 20-minute "makeover" videos also.
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 day shred is only (3) 20 minute workouts that progressively get harder. i got mine for less than $10 from walmart.com and had it shipped to the local store so i didn't even pay shipping.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm really hooked on the Billy Blanks Taebo and Bootcamp DVDs - I think the shortest one is 45 min. I get them from Netflix. Good luck!
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    I tried Tae Bo a couple of times - but the moves are very complicated, at least for me. When I work out , I don't want to worry about fancy moves - just moves that make me sweat.
  • skwhatley
    Options
    I think I might have to try the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I've heard about it a few times before so I think with being less that $10, I can't beat that. Thanks for everyones help!

However I still would like to hear more thoughts/advice/ideas!
  • tdsk00
    tdsk00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a strong conscience, you can burn copies of the p90x from a freind that bought it:devil: