FIT LIFE CHALLENGE = REVAMPED - LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS!

Options
Hi MFP :happy: We are a group called the FIT LIFE CHALLENGE. Our goal of course is to lose weight and be FIT or well on our way by New Years Day!!! This group was started a few weeks ago and the person who started it needed someone to take over for her. So Loredana, who I can't wait for you to meet, and myself are ready to keep the group alive!!

We are all about support and most important accountability!!! FIT LIFE CHALLENGE is looking for others to join us on this very important journey. We want people who are interested in checking in regularly, sharing struggles, successes, food finds and support. We are also very big on exercise!!!

It will be so great to make new friends support each other and have a successful holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weigh in will be Friday and Loredana will chart our success and post on Monday. We have 8 weeks to go. Together we can do this!!!! Are you ready????

Have a Great Day and our favorite saying is.... "Make Good Choices" :bigsmile:

Replies

• ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Count me in..
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i'm still here!!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm interested. I am looking to be down to 140 by New Years eve. Which is 15 pound loss and I am also wanting to start c25k again (and be successful) and I want to start 30 day shred. I like to be involved in groups to share whats going on and read about others :)
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join!
  • kristi_elena
    Options
    I would love to join!!! :bigsmile:
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm game. Do we have to weigh in - or can we do it by jean size? :bigsmile:
  • april1126
    april1126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I'm in woo LETS DO THIS
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Sounds great Judy, count me in. I am hoping that I can start the c25k again and 30 day shred. I had to stop the c25k cause I twisted my ankle and need to stay off it for at least a week.
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!
    First I wanted to thank Julie for starting this group few weeks ago and getting us rolling here. Judy and I will take over for the next 8 weeks and try to keep people motivated. The goals for everybody would be to log in for few minutes each day, log the food and share their stories if they have time. We ramble a lot around here, but this is what keeps us coming back - the feeling that we are in a community and we all have the same goals - get to be fit and healthy.

Few housekeeping items:

1. Even if you were a previous member, please reply again. This is a revamped group and we want to know who is still interested to give us their feedback.
    2. Friday (tomorrow) - give us your current weight and your goal at the end of the year. You can also add the measurements that you are interested in keeping track. Judy and I will chart the information.
    3. Please give us a real (or fake) first name and few details about yourself - where are you from, your age etc.. It is easier to keep track of a real person rather than a screen name.
    4. We will set 1-2 challenges for a couple of weeks at a time. We found that one week for a challenge is not really enough to absorb the task. Feel free to come up with suggestions - this is an open forum.
    5. We will eventually close this group at about 40 participants, so, if you want to join us for the next 8 weeks, don't hesitate!

Hope to see as many of you here as possible!

Best health,

Loredana
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    One quick note - if you want to find this forum again tomorrow, save the link in your Favorites. I think in the past we lost a lot of people on the way because they didn't know how to find the spot to write their updates ...

Good luck :)

Loredana
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join. My name is Olive and I am from Dublin in Ireland.
    I am 47 years young and have 2 beautiful girls. I work part-time in the mornings.
    I joined MFP 3 weeks ago and have lost 12 lbs.

Current weight 306 lbs
    End of year goal 285 lbs

p.s. are we weighing in tomorrow or next Friday.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!! Our group it looking good!!! Keep checking in here and please post your weight on this tread tomorrow. We will probably start a new thread over the weekend. But for now we will stay in touch here and get to know each other.

I'll be checking.....again in alittle while...

Judy
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    I'm Genny and I have an 11 yr old daughter and have been married for 11 yrs. I am always open to support anyone so friend me if you would like. I will post my weight tomorrow even though I was not planing to step on the scale till monday. lol too many (good) nights of indulgence. Oh well I will get a starting weight. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada and we are supposed to get snow tonight. Don't know why I added that but oh well. Rambling is ok right. lol, Have a great thursday!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey FIT LIFE Friends!!!!

Looking forward to more friends coming on board. Post your weigh here tomorrow and alittle bit about yourself..name too. Please feel free to Friend me :bigsmile:

I'm Judy ~ which I am sure you have figured out already :) I have been on the weight loss rollercoaster for years!!!! I am down about 35 from my very heaviest. I have about 7 more to lose to get to a good weight...however I really feel that I am in a great frame of mind and once I drop that 7# I feel like I could probably lose another 10 ish. This site has been a key to my success! I have been married for 24 years and have a 20yr old daughter and a 17 year old son. I work full time selling food!!!! Not good for losing weight, but I have been doing it for 16 years and I am not letting it get in my way!!!!

3ricaAnn ~ We can totally help you with you C25K!!! I think Genny does the 30day shred. I have just started running and I'm not sure it's going to be my favorite form of exercise. But it burns the calories...I signed up for a running 101 class and I am up to running 12 mins. I never thought I could ever do that!!!! I go to the gym alot too on average 5 times a week of gym or running, hiking spin etc. It feels great. You can do it!

Genny ~ Thanks for sharing!!!!! How fun snow!!!! I would love it if we could have seasons like that here in California!!!

I have to go to a meeting...So I will be back first thing in the morning with my weight.

Have a great night!!!
  • Guerita83
    Options
    Definitely count me in!!! Love support and giving it to, if I dont exercise dont mess with me, I get moody so have to do it for my 4 boys, husband and self :) Lets do this!!!!!!!
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me in! So ready for this!
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    Here I am! Ready for the next 8 weeks. whoooo!
  • healthorhighwater
    healthorhighwater Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Not looking to lose weight but get fit! My name's Lauren and I'm 5'5" and 105lbs :)
  • in_your_dreams
    in_your_dreams Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! :happy: