How does my Food Journal For Today Look?

Options
I planned out everything I was going to do for today. I also already made everything I will eat for today.

I was hoping to get some insight on whether this is good or not and if you could suggest to take out or to add in. It would be most appreciated.

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Are you really just going to eat peanut butter with your milk?
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    No veggies? Also, a balanced breakfast would be more ideal. In fact, nothing seems very balanced. Are you following some sort of protein plan?
  • _LDM_
    Options
    No veggies? Also, a balanced breakfast would be more ideal. In fact, nothing seems very balanced. Are you following some sort of protein plan?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I planned out everything I was going to do for today. I also already made everything I will eat for today.

I was hoping to get some insight on whether this is good or not and if you could suggest to take out or to add in. It would be most appreciated.

Is there a reason why the calories are so low? For a male, I would expect to see a minimum of 1800 cals for the day. A suggestion would be to add more fruits and vegetables. They will help your system process the protein and keep you "regular". :) Your sodium is spot on though! Good luck to you.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Seems ridiculous honestly. Your calorie deficit is excessive, and the foods you are eating won't satiate you or provide the nutrition you need for an entire day. Do you plan on exercising? Have you spoken to a doctor about what your calorie deficit should be?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Height / weight?

How are your workouts?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Why so few calories?? It is ideal to have each macro represented at each meal/snack. Some protein, fats and carbs. Also some fruit, veggie and whole grains.
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It looks AMAZING! but, you need more calories
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    what are you guys talking about??? His day looks great... are you talking about a different day or something??? He is asking about tomorrow (Friday) I believe!!! Looks very balanced and complete to me!
  • bjohs
    Options
    what are you guys talking about??? His day looks great... are you talking about a different day or something??? He is asking about tomorrow (Friday) I believe!!! Looks very balanced and complete to me!

My bad! I was looking at today. Tomorrow looks MUCH better. I would still try to increase your cals a bit, but other than that... huge improvement over today. Sorry about the mix-up.
  • healthy4self
    Options
    You can afford to eat more (lucky!!) Try adding some healthy fats like avocado, hummus, or almonds.
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I think that you are looking at yesterdays menu. Maybe it doesn't roll over until your clock hits midnight. I am on the East Coast.

I am 5'9" 240lbs Big Boned.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27 0 1 1
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup, quartered or chopped 65 17 0 0 1
    Grapes Calorie Counter - Grape, Seedless, 1 Cup 104 27 0 1 3
    Gnc Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein Cookies & Cream, 3 scoop (30g) 360 15 5 60 180
    Add Food Quick Tools 634 86 5 62 185
    Lunch
    Bush's Best - Garbanzo Beans, 1/4 cup 53 10 1 3 235
    Bush's Best - Kidney Beans - Light Red (16oz), 65 g 50 11 0 4 130
    Fresh Express - Leafy Green Romaine Lettuce, 1 cups 8 2 0 1 5
    Bolthouse Farms - Carrot Chips, 85 g 35 8 0 1 65
    Oranges - Clementines (Little Oranges), 1 ea 35 9 0 1 1
    Wish-Bone - Fat Free Italian Dressing, 2 Tbsp 15 3 0 0 350
    Add Food Quick Tools 196 43 1 10 786
    Dinner
    Gnc Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein Cookies & Cream, 3 scoop (30g) 360 15 5 60 180
    Great Value (Walmart) - Ready to Cook All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 8 oz (112 g) 220 0 5 40 380
    Add Food Quick Tools 580 15 10 100 560
    Snacks
    Washington Red Delicious - Medium Red Apple, 1 medium red apple 80 22 0 0 0
    Add Food Quick Tools 80 22 0 0 0

Totals 1,490 166 16 172 1,531
    Your Daily Goal 3,189 439 106 120 2,500
    Remaining 1,699 273 90 -52 969
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium

Sorry for the incorrect format on here but this forum doesn't give me a way to do HTML.
    This is For Friday. Yesterday was just a test run, but I will start eating more.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    first impression -- you need to eat MORE! you will drop weight (most likely), but with calories so low for a male, it's not sustainable.

best of luck!
  • _LDM_
    Options
    Ah. Oops! :-)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    cals too low, utterly deficient in fats
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I think I got enough fats around the mid section if my body really needs them lol

What would be a good substitute to add into my menu to add fats...
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    yeah Friday looks good. You have some good healthy protein / carbs mixed in with some artificial.

My suggestion as it works for me is to change up your calorie content. You can look at mine I think, I go from like 1300 to 1800.

(Ignore all the candy this week... Halloween has been my nemesis.)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    cals too low, utterly deficient in fats

^ Agree

With your age, height / weight your maintenance is roughly 2500 cals.

A starting point
    1g protein per lb body weight
    .4g fat per lb body weight
    fill in the rest with carbs or whatever you want
  • _LDM_
    Options
    Fat does look low. Healthy fats need to be included. Try avocado, nuts, foods w/ Omega-3. Also, cook with healthy oil. I prefer coconut oil.
  • bjohs
    Options
    I think I got enough fats around the mid section if my body really needs them lol

What would be a good substitute to add into my menu to add fats...

Peanut butter works for me. I like to put some on celery sticks. It doesn't increase my cals too much but helps boost my healthy fats.