Metabolic standstill

Options
I'll be 50 next year and have noticed an almost complete halt of my metabolism. I know this isn't new news to many, however, it seems that it takes much greater effort, time and exercise to notice any weight loss of any kind. Words of encouragement, anyone?

Replies

• LauraHelen
    Options
    I'll be 50 next year and have noticed an almost complete halt of my metabolism. I know this isn't new news to many, however, it seems that it takes much greater effort, time and exercise to notice any weight loss of any kind. Words of encouragement, anyone?
  • leela77
    leela77 Posts: 2
    Options
    Check out HCG Dieters on Yahoo Groups. HCG and the diet changes everything. I'm 55, lost 60 pounds so far. It goes in 2 month rounds. I took a break during the holidays and ended up 3 pounds lighter than when I stopped the diet!!! All I've ever done in my whole life before is never getting past 50 pounds, then put it all back on plus 20.
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You're in the same boat I was in. I turned 50 last year and hated the changes I was seeing in my body. I've always been in good shape and never more than 15 pounds overweight. Since joining MFP and paying better attention to what goes in my mouth I can see a change in just over a month. Hang in there; you've come to the right place! :flowerforyou:
  • burnett50
    burnett50 Posts: 46
    Options
    You said it! . I also used to be able to eat anything and never put on weight. I went through an early menopause (43) and since then its been an uphill struggle. I'm now 52 and finally after finding this site the scales are going in the right direction.Just tracking what I eat and how much I excercise is brill Hang in there and keep going...it will pay off in the end.:glasses:
  • Bethgramme
    Options
    Hi Laura Helen, I am Bethgramme. I hope your still with my fitness pal. I just started today. My goal is to lose 40 lbs by my 50th birthday in June. I could really use some support from someone who knows how hard it is to lose weight with a few years on us. LOL Hope your doing well! I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Bethgramme
  • katinahughes1973
    Options
    I just started the HCG diet. I am using the oral HCG with b12 vitamin booster shots twice a week.
    Today is my first day on the restricted calorie part. ugh... I have 5 children ages 14 - 1 and there is always tons of food around. I had to get out of the kitchen! My goal is to be 40 pounds lighter. Do you think that can be accomplished in two months? My doctor says yes but I am a skeptic :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • katinahughes1973
    Options
    10 days into this diet and I am down 10 pounds! woohoo! 30 more pounds to go :) however I am still a skeptic I have convinced myself that the next 10 wILL NOt come off as fast as the first... we'll see. Thanks for the encouragement.