TMI - ladies only :-)

Options
This is gross I nkow but I have to ask

Does anyone get really disheartened weighing yourself during your time of the month ?
I know I bloat up and look like I'm 4 months pregnant,I also hold a lot of water during that time too,
should I skip the weigh in and measurments on that week or just record it?

Replies

• DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I skip it--it's my TOM too--and no weigh ins for me. Its not just that its disheartening, but its not accurate either--so I really don't see the point. I mean, we know we should weigh ourselbves at the right time of day to get accuracy, so why not the right TOM?
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I always skip it. Even though I know it's water weight, it makes me feel defeated if I weight then.
  • missimperfect
    missimperfect Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd skip it. Its not really worth it seeing as how its not going to be accurate. And its my TOM too :/. suucks
  • CocoMonkii
    Options
    I dunno if I'm weird or something but I noticed that I actually lose weight during my period. The first time I was curious to see if being bloated makes me heavier. 'Tho I don't even know how to tell if I'm bloated. I noticed that I was 2-3 lbs lighter. I was sooo happy and excited. Then the next week I checked and I was back to my usual weight like "WTF man! " lol

I checked again last month and the same thing happened again. *sob* Why is mother nature so cruel??
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    id skip.....
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I've never thought about that. I'll actually avoid the scales during that TOTM too :)
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself - was like 4lbs up, freaked out and had a breakdown for a week. Back to normal the next week. Not worth the stress, skip the weigh in! :D
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself - was like 4lbs up, freaked out and had a breakdown for a week. Back to normal the next week. Not worth the stress, skip the weigh in! :D
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Just skip it sweets at that time. .. then take your weight afterwards. .. Being that we all know that we are going to be up a bit. . why put yourself through that. . :smile:
  • andreacord
    Options
    This is gross I nkow but I have to ask

Does anyone get really disheartened weighing yourself during your time of the month ?
    I know I bloat up and look like I'm 4 months pregnant,I also hold a lot of water during that time too,
    should I skip the weigh in and measurments on that week or just record it?

I weigh myself anyways.. It gets really bad for me.. my normal is up about 7 lbs, I've been up to ten before depending on what i eat during TOM. For some reason my gains and losses don't register on the scale until the week after it too .. its odd.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I would skip it, actually I just weigh myself once a month. I joined a gym and once a month they take my weight and measurements.
  • jt3n1
    jt3n1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well im not sure what my problem is,but since I started working out, I completely missed my TOM.(No chance of pregnancy) It just didnt show, and it seems like my body is just holding the fluids cuz my weight hasnt budged in about a week. Im hoping next month will correct itself.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat a lot due to bloating, so I love weighing myself. XD
  • magneticcat
    magneticcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I *always* gain weight when I have my period. It is SOOO disheartening. But I still weigh myself... because I'm obsessive like that. But if I weigh more than I did before it started, then I don't log it. I then weigh myself the next week, and that extra weight *always* comes off. YAY!
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I will normally weight myself, but I refuse to record it.

I normally gain between 4-6 pds during my TOM >.<
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself just once a month, and I strategically started doing this in between TOMs.

I used to weigh in once a week, but never during TOM. So I guess 3 times a month back then. It's just not accurate since the whole point of diet and exercise is to lose fat, but the scale measures everything including water which we all know we gain during TOM. So we could be much smaller, but not see it on the scale. Who needs extra stress anyway?
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i think if you are aware of what the dreaded hormones do to you then you need not worry. i dont put on weight but i hate looking in the mirror because i feel fat. dont measure yourself for sure. they say you should just give yourself a break from exercise on the first day as well, although i find the strees relief well worth it!
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback I know I can fluctuate upto almost 2-3 kgs heavier during that time so I'm going to skip next weeks weigh In I think, I also don't binge on sweets like a lot of people do, due to the bloating so I'll weigh myself the week after for a more accurate result >.<

I'll also find I won't be able to excercise as much as I've been doing due to well its a gross time for me lol
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I can fluctuate upto almost 2-3 kgs heavier during that time

Same thing for me, but I still weight myself and register the weight. I know it's normal this way. I have the mfp app and the targetweight app on my iPod and I think women should be able to mark their period, so that you can track what happens to your body and what is normal for you.

Anyway, I can totally understand all the women who prefer not to weight themselves. It sure can be annoying seeing the numbers grow.
  • kps1104
    Options
    I weighed myself also since it's also my TOM and I was up, not by much by still up...it's a bummer, but I reminded myself that it was my time and I am always up, so no worries :) I say if it stresses you out then don't weigh yourself :) Normally I get really bummed out and I slack really bad on my workout/eating, then I feel terrible. This time it's different, I am determined. I weighed myself knowing I would be up and instead of being down on myself it didn't phase me :) plus tomorrow I will have completed 2 weeks of turbo fire, I have never gone past week 1 on any exercise routine! good luck to you!