Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!

Options
Good morning, my MFP Fam! Well, mine is not so good this morning. I weighed in, and I am not logging it because I gained a pound!!!! I have been trying so hard, and I just KNEW I'd lost at least 2 lbs this week:( Need some encouragement. Have I started to plateau this soon? I won't give up, but today is going to be a bummer since I didn't lose, but gained. Help!!!!!!!

Replies

• Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I gained a lb. also, hang in there...keep going do not give up!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium levels. If you are getting too much, you will retain water and this will reflect as a gain on the scale.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Victory doesn't always come from the scale, but in the healthy decisions you have made this week. Focus on the strength you have gained with the healthy choices you have made.
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    Aww don't be hard on yourself. It could be a number of things. You could just be retaining water. Don't give up. Keep tracking ur food, and exercise... The scale will again move in your favor :wink:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It might just be a one day glitch. Weigh again for the next couple of days and if it goes down take that reading.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had been the same for the last 3 weeks, scales hadn't moved. Weighed this morning
    up by 1.5lbs. I'm so p*ssed with myself because it was my fault for eating so much but I'm not logging it either. I'm in denial ha!:laugh:
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    it is probably retention because yesterday i was 149 and the whole day i drank TONS of water, now..i just weighed in and im 146...tada! flush it out!
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    Good morning! Don't get discouraged with the pound weight gain. To be honest with you I never log-in when I gain a pound or two and it's been like that off and on. I love it when the scale moves but I have been at a stand still for a little while. It might be something salty you ate and therefore being some water weight. Could be muscle gain since muscle weighs more than fat. Just keep moving forward with the rest of us and try to not let this pound get you down. You can do it girl!!!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but consider logging it anyway. Here's why. When I didn't log a gain, I knew deep down that now, I would need to lose a pound just to get back to even AND IT WOULDN'T COUNT AS A POUND LOST. It makes facing the week harder. Also, once you log it you own it and it can give you power. You are out there, totally courageous and that is POWER over the number on the scale. Also, consider this, often when we have weeks where the scale shows a gain (even if we stay totally on track) it is because our bodies are adjusting. From everything I have heard you can either lose pounds or inches. This was an inches week for you. Good luck and stay strong.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dont give up! This has happened to me too and it is a bummer everytime but I just keep on going. About 19 years ago I lost 54 pounds over the course of 1 year and it was never a continuous weight loss. Sometimes I'd lose a lot sometimes I'd gain. Set some other goals besides losing weight, like walking a mile a day, or exercising for 20 minutes 3 times a week, whatever works for you. Keeping those goals will give you something to feel good about and keep you feeling like you are moving forward even when the scale doesnt say so.
  • myth4ever
    Options
    No overnight successes it takes time....Keep pushing, you are determined so you are great!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Please remember...your body is not like a computer. Your body does what it does with what it has. Just because you ate on plan and EXPECTED a 2 pound loss doesn't mean it was going to happen.

Don't let this derail you or let a number on the scale dictate how you will feel for the rest of the day. Brush it off, see if you can fine tune your menu somewhere and keep going. This is a journey, not a short race to the finish line.

And I agree....log in this gainage. Its truthful and you WILL lose it and more. It's just a small set back, but not logging it doesn't make it go away. This is the time to be super truthful. Denial got a lot of us into this predictament.

(((hugs)))

Have a good day despite this little stumble.
  • SandraCmo
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been holding between 170 and 174. It is sooo aggravating and discouraging. But, my friends on here have helped and told me to change up my exercise routine and drink more water. I did that yesterday. I did my walking but i added in 45 minutes of tae bo , which I had to push my way thru, and drank a ton of water. When I weighed this morning the scale said 169. I was excited about that. Try doing some of that. It might help.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week too, but I DID log it. As someone above said, then I will feel satisfied when it comes off again, rather than seeing no change on my line next week when I DO lose it (and more I hope!) YOU know it's gone on anyway, so log it. My gain has just made me MORE determined than ever to lose this week. But, yes, I agree that I am VERY annoyed about the gain. I'm upping my exercise this week (and drinking so much water that i keep running to the loo!) Here's to a loss for both of us this week!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I must admit that your title drew me in, but I want to share what a friend on here told me last week when I had my first gain week in 4 months. I was told to "trust the process" and let my body catch up. Our bodies are built to find equilibrium; they don't like change very much. Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing, make sure you take measurements, trust that when your clothing are fitting better that you are in deed making those changes, and recognize the scale is only one tool! You can do this!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I had been the same for the last 3 weeks, scales hadn't moved. Weighed this morning
    up by 1.5lbs. I'm so p*ssed with myself because it was my fault for eating so much but I'm not logging it either. I'm in denial ha!:laugh:

I can relate to this.. the last month or so has been hard
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day and it goes up and down by as much at 5-7 pounds at times, often if I've been on my feet a lot or had a lot of sodium--definitely fluid retention. Unlike some others, I don't log an increase IF I have completely diligent and honest in logging what I am eating, drinking and exercising. If I'm under my calories for weeks at a time and show an increase for a couple of days, I know there is no way (absent some medical disorder) that I am actually gaining weight. I only log decreases below my lowest weight, so that means (with the up and down variation) that it can be several weeks before I record a lower weight. It's my strategy, works for me, but may not for others.
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Victory doesn't always come from the scale, but in the healthy decisions you have made this week. Focus on the strength you have gained with the healthy choices you have made.

this is great, thanks
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about the number on the scale. I'm still about 20 pounds away from my planned goal, yet I'm wearing smaller clothes than I did when I actually weighed my goal weight. It's not all about the number on the scale, there are many more forces at work here.