can't quite seem to do it on my own-anyone need a buddy? :)

Options
Hey everyone,

I have spells of fantastic eating habits, good amounts of exercise etc but in the last weeks of finishing my three years bachelors degree I have been using the stress and deadlines as an excuse to eat whatever and haven't exercised for weeks. I want to make this a permanent lifestyle change, not something to be put on hold whenever there are things to be done -- I am not losing any weight this way and I'm starting to feel its a bit of a vicious cycle. Is anyone in the same boat? I.e find yourself making excuses all the time?

I would love a buddy/s in the same kind of situation and who is willing to give me a kick in the right direction -- I will do the same for you :)
I'm 21 and also find difficultly with weekends -- for example my slim friends with outrageous metabolisms eating and drinking alcohol all they want. I often use this as an excuse as well, reasoning that it would be rude not to join in and I will "definitely" start again on monday even though I could just pre-track my calorie intake or work out that day to even out the calories.

Heeeeeeeeelp! Will heeeeeeelp in return, hope to start a long term support system here :)

Rebecca

Replies

• blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I understand completely I have the same problems on weekends. I make excuses that my husband is working so I need to spend as much time as I can with my son so he doesn't feel neglected. I am in the last month of my final semester of finishing my masters. I was too making excuses that I did not have time. Just this week I started making sure I get up early it is hard but I have made it 5 days. If you want help friend request me.
  • suzan40
    Options
    i have felt the same exercise needs to be fun and easy i do zumba at home and am trying hard to eat properly, if you would like to add me as friend we can support and give each other kick up the bum lol:laugh:
  • Stagdaddy
    Options
    I am a stay at home dad currently and I use that as my excuse. I run an online webstore so I find myself sitting in front of the computer for HOURS and grabbing whatever is near to snack on. When my kids are home I eat what they eat just because it is easier. It is easy to make the excuses when they are so readily available. Before working from home I was not this bad and actually was keeping to a good plan and was losing the weight. You do need others who are not around you all the time for support. My family means well but then again are used to what I do. So hold up your smile and know you are not in this alone.
  • spekticalface
    spekticalface Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a Rebecca as well :)
    im just new on here today and am absolutely determined!! :P
    I'm 19, i turn 20 in a month, and im just sick of not liking what i see in the mirror every day...you know when you just get sick of feeling crap all the time and it just clicks in your head to get up and get motivated??... well i lost
    about 4 sone a few years ago and life as great but it has slowly crept back on and apparently losing it a second time is a little bit
    harder than the first!! :S but i'm going to do this!! and im sure you will too! :)
    this site is amazing! i JUST stumbled on it and its great!! :) it's going to make this much easier.
    if you ever need a pep talk though. i'll be happy to throw one your way! :)
    GOOD LUCK!
    x
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Heyyy! I used to be in the same boat! However, I've kicked the always making excuses thing and now make absolutely none! (Ask my friends and family...I'm a Nazi with myself haha)

I'm still trying to overcome the friends thing. I've definitely gotten it A LOT more under control than I used to, but I do give myself some days where I indulge just a little (as long as I'm still not taking in more calories than I burn in a day haha). Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • MsFitnesse
    MsFitnesse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I do very well during the week but seem to have a hard time on weekends as well. I have started to carry a personal journal with the hopes of writing down my thoughts and moods during periods of cravings. Hopefully, by the time I'm done writing the cravings will pass. Anyway, I'm looking for a buddy as well so let's get it started!!!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    my weekends are my downfall too. I am a 23 year old first year high school teacher who just graduated with my bachelors in May so I use exhaustion as my excuse. Feel free to add me.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me-I'll be happy to kick you in the bum if you're not staying on track :happy:
  • telleo
    telleo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I understand the feeling. I just can't seem to stop eating, and I always tell myself I can burn it off at the gym later (which I never do). Oh well, feel free to add me! We'll help each other out!!
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the support, think I will have a much harder time going so off track with this many people watching hahah!
    So glad to have some friends on here, good luck to us all x
  • 19netter69
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie too, you can add me. I will try to motivate, and i DO need it as well, Hoping to find a friend along the journey. I need a buddie. Still learning to work this site.:flowerforyou:
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    HI, I've only been on this board for like two weeks, but already I found that the support and encouragement is great. I'm in a similar position to you as well. I have good days and bad days especially being in college. You can never have too many buddies, I'll add you.:tongue: