I have fallen AGAIN and I can't get up

Options
I am trying sooooo hard not to fall into my old ways of emotional eating. I have not been doing well at all. I am trying and with all good intentions but some way some how I need a fire lit under me again. I do know that when I am over tired and stressed that the old sneak eating, over eating monster rears it's ugly head and I don't like it. What can I do to get back the new me I was learning to love again?? HELP!

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    look through here :) check out the success stories! you can do it hon!
  • myth4ever
    Options
    Remember all the good you have done and will overcome!!! The new you is stronger, better, wiser than that person yesterday. Therefore you know that person isn't an option!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try breaking it down into do-able pieces. Say, if you are sneak eating; try eliminating that from 3 - 6. Just that one thing. Me, I couldn't seem to keep recording every thing I ate so I make a commitment to record in the morning. When you wake up in the morning - what one thing can I succeed at today. And make that one change. One change a day can lead to two changes a day and so on. Hang in there.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just give it to God again lms32164. You gave it to him to start this process so why take it back from him thinking you can do it on your own. Do what you did in the beginning to achieve such great success so far. I know what its like to mess up but we all have to try not to stay down for too long. Just remember all those lovely reasons why you started this process. Also don't let anything be "sneak eating". Bring everything in the open and eat in front of your family...share all those nice treat with them. Don't make anything taboo because that's when we feel the need to hide and do things that we think we shouldn't be doing.
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    i think you have got to look at your photos, look at that lovely grandson and look at your inspirations !!!!
    thats why you have to do it. how can you not after loosing all that weight. my sister in law and my mantra is
    "GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION" GOOD LUCK.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    of course you can get up, don't be ridiculous! you're at your goal weight according to your ticker; i've found that maintaining takes a different mindset. focus on your weekly net calories instead of each day and just make sure you're even for the week. that way if you go over one day, you know you need to be under the next day or two so you stay even for the week. the mobile app gives you your weekly net calories in the 'progress-weekly' tab. i think the reports area on the main website does it too if you're using a pc, it doesn't work for my ipad though...
  • ann2diet
    Options
    Hi there, firstly I would like to congratulate you on your weight loss so far.

I know exactly what you mean Ive fallen of the wagon again, I think the best way to get over eating under control is to forget about weight loss and dieting for a while and just relax around food, stop snacking and make tasty non diet meals sit at the table guilt free and enjoy, I think when we make peace with food then we can move on and start dieting again.

Feel free to add me as a friend maybe we can help each other :smile:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Lynne,
    This feeling is no stranger to any of us on this journey, we all experience it from time to time,
    that's what is so wonderful about a site such as this and with wonderful people surrounding
    that are more than happy to support and motivate you!

You must always remember all of the wonderful progress that you've made and what you've had
    to do to make that happen, there is only one way, and it's healthy eating and exercise, that doesn't
    mean that we can't allow ourselves little induldgences though, in fact it's healthy to do so, i like to
    take a day out of the week and make it my "free" eating day, by doing this I don't get the sense that
    I am missing out on anything and it gives me something to look forward to and work towards. I do
    stay pretty reasonable though, I don't just gorge myself with tons of sweets, and I never eat fast food,
    other than the lowfat chili from wendy's and a baked potatoe with only reduced fat sour cream!

You may be getting bored with your routines, try added or mixing up your exercise, it can help alot,
    if we become bored with food or exercise, it can spell doom, we must be mindful of what is working
    and what is not. If it isn't then change it. Doing these things is much easier than starting from scratch,
    you need to be positive everday, tell yourself, I am going to succeed this time, say it as often as needed,
    it does work. I will be praying for God to give you the strength and endurance to make it through to your
    goal Lynne, hang in there, this feeling too shall pass!

Your friend, Rita
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You've got to tell yourself you love yourself enough to do this!! This is a lifestyle change and it is not easy! Keep logging in everyday everything you eat and exercise, even if it's just a walk. Get moving! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I felt like that a little while ago .........Just rest and ease up a bit till your batteries recharge .....then forge ahead again .....thats what I did and its worked for me.....You can do this dont give up just recoup and then move forward again best of luck
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Proud of you for what you've accomplished. Proud of you for asking for help. Proud of you for getting back up everytime you fall.

Now look at the food and speak your emotions out loud. I am tired, food won't fix that, rest will. I am angry and scared. Food won't fix that. How can I feel better? Right now, I'm upset about X. If I eat that I'll still be upset about X and I'll be fat. I don't want you food. I want to feel better."