Your Most Filling Foods

Options
Hi there,

I would be interested to know what you consider your most filling foods to be for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Specifically, what do you tend to eat to hold you over and give you the lowest calories, greatest taste and at the same time filling?

Look forward to your replies.

Jennifer

Replies

• Finigan84
    Options
    bump
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Plain organic ricecakes with peanut butter and banana....VERY filling and VERY tasty :) x
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (make it yourself so you choose what additives / calories you put in it)
    Yogurt
    Potatoes -although they're not at the top of the super healthy list.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love the Dannon Oikos Fruit on the Bottom Greek yogurt with some Kashi granola cereal. I usually have that with about 10 almonds and I am good to go until my morning snack.
  • Sieggie
    Options
    Egg white veggie omelets. I can eat one and it will hold me for hours, some days until 1-2pm.

Then have a late lunch...salad with protein (chicken breast, turkey or steamed shrimp) which will hold you until dinner.

Check out Walden Farms fat free, calorie free dressings, especially the balsamic vinaigrette. It will save you lose nasty extra salad dressing calories (which make salads fattening). The dressing are available in the grocery stores usually in the produce aisle where the dressing are refrigerated. You can also order individual to go packets on their website.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have gained a huge appreciation for raw kohlrabi. It kinda tastes somewhere between potato and radish (and I think it tastes a bit like snow peas as well), and it is super crunchy. Very healthy, very tasty (IMO), and fairly low cal (about 73 calories for 2 cups). I don't know how available it is in stores - we grew a bunch this summer, and they keep fairly well.
  • Kerriperkins
    Kerriperkins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Blueberry Greek Yogurt. 120 Calories. AWESOME stuff
  • GirlieMutant
    Options
    Breakfast: Rye bread with ham, chicken or turkey meat on. Some form of fruit like kaki or melon.
    Lunch: Rye bread with smoked mackerel or smoked mackerel in tomato sauce.
    Dinner: Chicken or turkey with a lot of salad.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 whole egg, two slices of bacon, piece of toast and milk

Lunch:
    Half a Turkey Sandwich, Clementine Oranges, Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Skinny Fries

Dinner:
    What Ever I have a taste for after my workout and a protein shake

Snacks:
    Apple and Peanut Butter
    Greek Yogurt
    Handful of Almonds
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Jenninedinburgh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mmmm am ready to try some of these ideas :)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Fage 0% Blueberry Greek Yogurt. 120 Calories. AWESOME stuff

this! Never fails...always takes away my hunger. Also I love 1/2 raw avocado with Garden of Eatin organic blue chips.
  • AMA983
    AMA983 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Snacks:
    Apple and Peanut Butter
    Greek Yogurt
    Handful of Almonds

I agree with this. All of these foods keep me full & are tasty. I especially love Teddie Unsalted Peanut Butter. Yum! Also, since I could eat WAY more than a serving of almonds, I buy the 100 emerald almond calorie packs. You can get them in natural, cocoa roasted, and cinnamon roasted. It keeps me in check and I also enjoy the snack more since I'm not just absentmindedly eating handfuls of almonds.
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Options
    Even more great ideas! I think a lot of you must be from the USA as I haven't heard of some of the brands mentioned. I've started eating the almonds as a snack - but I have to be very careful and count them out each time as I could so easily just graze on them. I am learning though!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For snacks I like a handful of nuts and an apple, or peanut butter and carrot sticks. At dinner veggies tossed in olive oil and then roasted keep me full. Also brown rice with dried beans is very filling for the calories.

ETA - I don't eat breakfast and lunch is usually leftovers so would be the same as dinner.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt w/sf ff pudding. Keeps me full until lunch.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    My husband actually just made a soup last night that has barley, sodium free beef bouillion, onion, navy beans, garlic powder, and a little bit of cumin. Low calorie and very filling.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    half a grapefruit , 1 slice of toasted seeded bread with 2 tsps of cashew butter keeps me full all morning!
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Options
    half a grapefruit , 1 slice of toasted seeded bread with 2 tsps of cashew butter keeps me full all morning!

I've never heard of cashew butter. I need to check that out! Is it like peanut butter but with cashews?
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Options
    For snacks I like a handful of nuts and an apple, or peanut butter and carrot sticks. At dinner veggies tossed in olive oil and then roasted keep me full. Also brown rice with dried beans is very filling for the calories.

ETA - I don't eat breakfast and lunch is usually leftovers so would be the same as dinner.

Sounds really good - how long do you roast your veggies and on what temp? Also, do you broil them or just bake?
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Options
    Today I ate a 75 gram serving of whole wheat pasta with a can of tuna mixed in it and it kept me full for about 7 hours...the caloric count was about 400, but I must do it again is it really did the trick.

Anyone else find this with whole wheat pasta?