workout music

Options
I'm looking for new music for my workouts, any suggestions?

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    What genre do you like?
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Me too! I like fast paced dance music. 'Swedish house mafia vs knife party' gets me going at the moment.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    have you tried jog.fm ? you can make all kinds of playlists and they even recommend songs based on your intended workout , for example, if you want to run at a 6 min mile pace they will recommend songs at a beats per minute pace which should help you acheive that goal
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Two Door Cinema Club is my current favourite
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like non stop "Black Eyed Peas"! It lets me ride my bike for 3 hours nonstop! Any other music slows me down!
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually workout to current R'n'B or hip-hop songs, depending on what's out at the time!
    Having said that, there are some bands I love working out to including "Walter Mitty & The Realists" and "The Killers"!ღ
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually workout to current R'n'B or hip-hop songs, depending on what's out at the time!
    Having said that, there are some bands I love working out to including "Walter Mitty & The Realists" and "The Killers"!ღ
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm one of few that listens to metal and trance
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I like to work out to Tool as well...maybe not the brand of metal you speak of...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    pandora has a workout channel :) I haven't used it but my friend really liked it. oh and I love move like jagger, lol maroon five
  • marysajona
    Options
    I actually have a lot :)

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
    Love on Top - Beyonce
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes ft. Maroon 5
    Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
    Lighters - Bruno Mars ft Eminem
    Last Friday Night - Katy Perry

These were just someof the songs that I love listening to while i'm running ..

Enjoy!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have been listening to Disturbed and Slipknot a lot. I just downloaded the Pandora app!
  • mysticalboe
    Options
    I actually have a lot :)

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
    Love on Top - Beyonce
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes ft. Maroon 5
    Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
    Lighters - Bruno Mars ft Eminem
    Last Friday Night - Katy Perry

These were just someof the songs that I love listening to while i'm running ..

Enjoy!

Me too! Keeps you moving
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    would you believe I listen to Most of the soundtrack to top gun.

Dangerzone really gets me moving.

also into the Metal a fair bit. Metallica, Maiden, Mammoth etc.

If I have the bandwidth on my Iphone I also have a cheeky way of listening to Las Vegas radio KLUC.

Usually the morning show by the time I am in the gym due to the 8 hour time difference.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If my workout is dance- I normally stick with the dance genre's music, i.e. bhangra, bellydance, irish, disco, hula, ballet, etc..

If I'm just doing a walk video or walk/run workout- I use my iPod that has a wide variety of music- but right now I listen a lot to Rockethead and electro swing (both can be found free on soundcloud.com.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If my workout is dance- I normally stick with the dance genre's music, i.e. bhangra, bellydance, irish, disco, hula, ballet, etc..

If I'm just doing a walk video or walk/run workout- I use my iPod that has a wide variety of music- but right now I listen a lot to Rockethead and electro swing (both can be found free on soundcloud.com.

I love bhangra music for working out, something about it really gets me going. Any songs/artists that you recommend in particular?

I'll offer up a song I love to run to: "Exotic on the Speaker" - Soulico ft Rye Rye. "and yeah I jump around when the speaker makes a sound" :)
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I love both metal and trance too
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I love bhangra music for working out, something about it really gets me going. Any songs/artists that you recommend in particular?

I'll offer up a song I love to run to: "Exotic on the Speaker" - Soulico ft Rye Rye. "and yeah I jump around when the speaker makes a sound" :)

My favorite djs for Bhangra are DJ Gem and Panjabi MC (for Panjabi, try Indian Timing and the single of "beware of the boys" )
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tifftaffy!!
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    fedde le grande!!!:)