getting discouraged by other's success??

Options
2»

Replies

• bhoochy
    bhoochy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    well said =)
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As said above me, you REALLY need to start logging. This will keep you more accountable, while also allowing your friends to provide more direction and guidance.

I challenge you to start this today, and stay with it for at least a month, and see if there is a difference. I would be willing to bet you'll see more results.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dont quit whatever you do. Just logging on here every day stops me spiralling out of control even when I'm not logging.

I agree with the above too. You need to start logging what you eat as its the key to steady loss.

Everyone is different and some will lose faster than others, but you CAN do this I promise.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't give up - you can do this!
    Try to focus on all the positive change you've already made.
    You are stronger, healthier and slimmer than before - Yay for you!
    Remind yourself of the reasons you started this journey and remember it is a journey and not a quick fix.
    Feel free to add me as a friend and I will encourage and support you as you lose weight and become healthier.
    Best wishes!
    ~Sherry
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    It looks like you aren't logging your food, exercise and water. In order to really figure out what you might be doing wrong, you need to do this consistently so you have a full picture of your actions. I also got a shock after a few weeks on here when I added sodium to the tracker....so I'd suggest doing that ASAP and logging everything for a few weeks. You might be eating more than you realize and that's why you aren't seeing the results you want.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This may be overly direct, and I am sorry if it comes across as mean, but you need to hear it. The attitude of; others are doing better then me, so I might as well quit, is probably what has gotten you to where you are to start with. It's time to focus on you, focus on what you BEST is, and then give it. In life you have total control of your effort, and very little control of the results, so be true to yourself and put in the effort that will make you proud. Quitting will do nothing but lead to worse self esteem, and a life of poor health, so is that really worth it?

Change up your exercise pattern, adjust the foods you're eating, or just stay the course and be proud of slow and steady, it doesn't really matter, just KEEP PUSHING FORWARD. This is YOUR journey, not anyone elses. When you learn to be proud of who you are, and what you are doing, then you'll be able to put on blinders to what others are doing. Frankly it doesn't matter what others are doing...they aren't YOU.

Change your mindset, and you will change your life. The fact is, YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Now, quit your crying (playfully said), and get your butt in motion. Today is another perfect opportunity to give it your BEST!

Very well said!!!
  • Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dont quit!!!!!!!! You are doing great. Remember that the suggested weight loss is 1 - 2 lbs. a week to ensure that once you loose it, it will stay off. Keep doing what you are doing. Small steps!!!

I wish you the best and REMEMBER, DONT QUIT!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    why are you giving up now when your sticker says you only have 5 more lb to go.

Sorry i didn't see your goal weights, but your sticker does say only 5lb to go,

my mantra is "GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION"

It doesn't matter what other people are loosing, it's what your body is doing and they do say the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off.
    There are a lot of people who started the same time as me and have lost far more than i have and there are some that started before me and have not lost as much,
    so just keep going you will get there in the end,
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    by the way i haven't lost anything for nearly six weeks!!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Your ticker show you only have 5lbs to go....and you are considering quitting???

5 lbs to my fifteen mark, i still have 90 lbs to go after that..... .
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I know what you're going through... kind of. I lost all this weight at first, now my weight hasn't budged for almost 2 months. :( Hopefully it will get better soon.
  • jagar07
    Options
    This may be overly direct, and I am sorry if it comes across as mean, but you need to hear it. The attitude of; others are doing better then me, so I might as well quit, is probably what has gotten you to where you are to start with. It's time to focus on you, focus on what you BEST is, and then give it. In life you have total control of your effort, and very little control of the results, so be true to yourself and put in the effort that will make you proud. Quitting will do nothing but lead to worse self esteem, and a life of poor health, so is that really worth it?

Change up your exercise pattern, adjust the foods you're eating, or just stay the course and be proud of slow and steady, it doesn't really matter, just KEEP PUSHING FORWARD. This is YOUR journey, not anyone elses. When you learn to be proud of who you are, and what you are doing, then you'll be able to put on blinders to what others are doing. Frankly it doesn't matter what others are doing...they aren't YOU.

Change your mindset, and you will change your life. The fact is, YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Now, quit your crying (playfully said), and get your butt in motion. Today is another perfect opportunity to give it your BEST!

haha, thanks, I did need that
  • jagar07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. You're right! I can't quit, after all this time of perseverance. I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me. To all of you who gave me that much needed kick in the pants, thanks. This sisn't an easy journey, if it was none of us would be here. I am going to try to start logging everything again, I fell away from it cause I got lazy, point blank. anyway, enough rambling, thanks everyone!!!!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to start logging everything again, I fell away from it cause I got lazy, point blank.

Awesome 1st step............keeping yourself accountable!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm losing really slowly, but I am okay with it. I don't mind that I don't see huge losses, I see it as my body is learning how to adjust to everything. A lot of us here are losing slowly, I have a paper graph that I have up on my fridge with the "goal line" that goes diagonally from my starting weight to my goal weight, and then I plot my weight... and it is going in a downward angle too... not as precise as that hard dark line of the goal weight line, but it is going in the downward direction. Inspires me on my "off days". Give that a try for inspiration?