New to MYFITPAL

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site...

I have high hopes of reaching a healthy weight...I've been at this for a long time and nothing seems to work because when I don't see result, I get frustrated and do the same old thing as before...eat. Hopefully, you will encourage me and keep me motivated, and I hope to share the same with you.

OK, I'm of to see the WIZARD!!:laugh:

Replies

• sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome, a lot of people have had good success with this website, but it does take some commitment and a complete lifestyle change to make it work. Good luck and learn to rely on your support group here to succeed.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

I know exactly what you mean. I, too, used to get frustrated when I didn't see weight loss results as quickly as I wanted and that would send me straight to the fridge or the candy bin for foods I didn't need and were counterproductive.

Good luck. This site is a wonderful source of information & encouragement.
  • ax150
    ax150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how you feel. It's hard to be patient, but if you put in the effort you will see results! Just think, the extra weight didn't come on overnight so we cant expect it to come off overnight either. This site is a great place to get support and encouragement. Good luck!!!
  • annmacomber
    Options
    I am also new to this site. I have found if I write everything down I can see where I am for the day. I need something or someone to make me accountable. This is my second week and I have lost 9 lbs. The holidays are coming and I am so afraid of blowing it. Together we can do it. Write everything down. That's my advice.

Have a good day.

Ann
  • illy823
    Options
    Good Morning and Welcome:flowerforyou:

I know it's hard to loose and we all get frustrated one way or another.. I know I do... With a lot of patience and a lot of self-love you will make it... Besides, you have all of us here to help and support you...

Have a great Friday..

Illy
  • kylataff
    kylataff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi
    new to this myself, but finding it very motivating so far - writing it all down really helps, and i love that I can add to the database. Brilliant. I'm losing weight for a Christmas party 3lb lost so far, 9lb to go!
    Kyla
  • bawrichardson
    bawrichardson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Girl, congradulations...I've been keeping a food diary for a while, but not really counting calories...so, this is quite helpful and shocking because I didn't realize some foods had so many calories.. I'm gonna hang in there for the long haul...lol
    And you look great!
  • bawrichardson
    Options
    Hi,

Reading your post has given me a little more motivation to stick with it... I get frustrated and feel like quitting when I can't see any progress. So, I hope to connect with lots of MYFITPALS and win the battle over being overweight.
  • bawrichardson
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement.
  • mnjanet
    mnjanet Posts: 2
    Options
    Also new to the site. I know keeping the food diary is such an important key. I want to be diligent about that. I like the way it tells you that if you did everyday like you did today, you would weight X amount in 5 weeks. Very realistic goals that way. And I believe if you step up your exercise, it recalibrates the amount of calories you could eat.
  • B1gH0g
    B1gH0g Posts: 361
    Options
    Ann,

Nine pounds in two weeks is amazing. I have been at it three weeks and have lost nine pounds. What is it you do, that seems to work so well for you?

John
  • Redsnookie
    Options
    I am also new to this site. Only 1 week and lost 3 lbs. I like the accountability to someone other than my husband.:
  • pattyr5
    pattyr5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app consistently for a little over a month but I think I joined a few years ago, lol. Anyway....welcome and good luck. I find the keeping of the journal very encouraging.
  • mamillien1
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Invest in a food scale. It will make a world of difference. You can get a good one for under 20 bux.
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal!
  • rubex30
    rubex30 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined today and i need some encouragement! i had a baby 10 weeks ago and i have soooooo much weight to lose. I have a 2 year old son and i gained and lost the same amount as i need to lose now with him. I just like cake when im pregnant!!!!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    place is awesome i love it!
  • marysedge
    marysedge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am with you on everything you said. This is a great place to be especially if you keep coming back for the support.