Restaurant Nutrition Information?

Options
A newbie here. Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight, to Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse. We decided to go after we'd left Mass, so I hadn't checked online for Nutrition info. When we got back home, I Googled to find the info, but couldn't find anything. I found the link for this place, but haven't found the Restaurant listings yet. Anyone know where they are?

Replies

• susanbk53
    susanbk53 Posts: 13
    Options
    A newbie here. Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight, to Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse. We decided to go after we'd left Mass, so I hadn't checked online for Nutrition info. When we got back home, I Googled to find the info, but couldn't find anything. I found the link for this place, but haven't found the Restaurant listings yet. Anyone know where they are?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You could try here:
    http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Then try:
    http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

Or even see if the restaurant you went to has nutrition info on a website. If none of those ideas work, find something similar from a different restaurant & hope it's close. I have a local place I go to & they have some of the same dishes that Chili's has. I know they aren't exactly the same, but it's better than nothing.:bigsmile:
    Good luck!
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Unfortunately a lot of these places don't seem to have nutrition information listed. It makes me really mad! :explode: I think it should be a requirement, but I guess it's not yet. You can estimate as best you can, but you know it's tough to get it right when someone else prepares the food. I hate to obsess, but a lot of times it's that paranoia that keeps me from eating out if I can't find nutrition info online.

Best of luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great site.

You learned a great lesson today----plan your food ahead so you don't get caught by surprise again.:laugh:

We made the decision to stay out of restaurants as much as possible until we have our eating plan more under control and it's been a good decision. :bigsmile:

Good luck on your journey. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time and put yesterday behind you and move forward. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: