Turbo Jam, Fire, or CHalean Extreme?

Options
I am looking for a new program to help keep me motivated~I have been doing Turbo Jam for about 6 months and lost 20 pounds so far, but now I need something new to keep me motivated, so I am wondering what people out there have had experiences with. I am not sure whether to go with more of the Turbo Jam DVDs (Cardio Party 2 & 3, lower body jam, T3, etc.) or Turbo Fire, or Chalean Extreme (which I am leaning toward just to change it up a bit). I have about 30 more pounds I want to lose and I really need to keep my routines fresh and fun, so any help is appreciated!!

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love all of them, but highly recommend CLE. It will add a significant amount of weight lifting to your routine, which will really help. I went from a size 14 to a 6 using it and have kept it off for over a year. That said, Turbo Fire is AMAZING too. It's like Turbo Jam on steroids!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOVE all three! If you want to stay with the same style as Turbo Jam, definitely get the additional DVDs (I used the full Turbo Jam set to lose my first 40lbs.) If you're ready to step it up but keep with the "Turbo Jam Funkiness" go for TurboFire. I LOVE TurboFire, and if you already love Jam, you'll be golden. I can't speak highly enough of ChaLEAN Extreme either. It's a different kind of program, but it's got the weight training...and I am ALL ABOUT weight training. I'm currently doing a TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme hybrid, and it's the perfect balance of cardio and weight training and I feel amazing. But the bottom line is, go for whichever one you can stick with!
  • fmeisele
    Options
    I'm currently on week 14 of TF and I highly recommend it. Like YogaRunner says it TJ on steroids and much more entertaining and motivating. I haven't done CLE but I may do that next if there's more weight lifting. I really enjoy the HIIT in TF.
  • paravision
    Options
    I started on TurboJam. Its awesome! I got to where you are and got a hold on one of the fire workouts to try. I just did it my first time and WOW I love it! Its a whole other level I am def buying it for myself. I am hoping to start Monday. I didn't want to spend the money but I am now thinking I am worth it. Go buy TurboFire! You wont regret it!
  • paravision
    Options
    and buy it on ebay or amazon, it's way cheaper!
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Another TF lover here!!!! It is awesome! This was my first experience with Chalene and she is great. I recently got CLX and love that too so I am doing a hybrid of both right now.

I guess it depends what you are looking for....CLX for weight lifting to complement your TJ....or TF to bring your cardio up a few notches.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I would go for Turbo fire if you want higher intensity cardio, which is also a lot of fun! However, if you want weight traning then go with CLX or a hybrid of both! Chalene is great..love her workouts!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    and buy it on ebay or amazon, it's way cheaper!

No way. Can't say I recommend this at all. I've known plenty of people who get DVD's that don't work and then have no recourse and are stuck with it and out the money. You don't get the support of a free Coach, you don't get the 30 day guarantee and it contributes to bootlegging and other illegal activity that our economy and country do not need.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I would get Chalan Extreme for now, then grab TurboFire. You can use your current TurboJam DVD's for cardio. CLX will give you a resistance workout that is needed.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOVE all three! If you want to stay with the same style as Turbo Jam, definitely get the additional DVDs (I used the full Turbo Jam set to lose my first 40lbs.) If you're ready to step it up but keep with the "Turbo Jam Funkiness" go for TurboFire. I LOVE TurboFire, and if you already love Jam, you'll be golden. I can't speak highly enough of ChaLEAN Extreme either. It's a different kind of program, but it's got the weight training...and I am ALL ABOUT weight training. I'm currently doing a TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme hybrid, and it's the perfect balance of cardio and weight training and I feel amazing. But the bottom line is, go for whichever one you can stick with!
    How do you do your routines??
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just recieved Turbo Fire and turned our pool house into my personal gym......lots of room to move around and locks on the door!!!!! Do be careful buying on EBAY or another website like that. When I was doing my research before purchasing, a read a lot of horror stories about DVD's that didn't work right or at all. Even though I could have saved a little money, I opted to purchase them directly from Beach Body so I would have the 90 day money back guarantee.

I am only a few days in but let me tell you.....Turbo Jam was crazy, Turbo Fire is insane!!! The music is great, the energy is very high and I love the stretching routine afterwards!