Diet Devotion - March 5th

Options
1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.

'God just doesn't want me to lose weight!' said Stephanie. 'Each time I try, I fail. If God really wants me to lose weight, He'd help me.' Many people feel just like Stephanie. They think God isn't helping them because they aren't successful in their diets. The problem is that they want God to take the weight from them. That simply isn't the way God works. Instead, we need to know that He will work through us to make us strong enough to face the challenges and trials that await us. We take heart in knowing that God will not let us down and He will work with us all the way.
Today's thought: God will grant me courage that will not run out!

If losing weight is something that God has called you to do, He will give you the power and strength to do it. He who began this work will be faithful to complete it.
~Pam :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    1 John 5:14
    And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.

'God just doesn't want me to lose weight!' said Stephanie. 'Each time I try, I fail. If God really wants me to lose weight, He'd help me.' Many people feel just like Stephanie. They think God isn't helping them because they aren't successful in their diets. The problem is that they want God to take the weight from them. That simply isn't the way God works. Instead, we need to know that He will work through us to make us strong enough to face the challenges and trials that await us. We take heart in knowing that God will not let us down and He will work with us all the way.
    Today's thought: God will grant me courage that will not run out!

If losing weight is something that God has called you to do, He will give you the power and strength to do it. He who began this work will be faithful to complete it.
    ~Pam :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    :smile: Very nice. =o)
    I prayed and prayed for many times to lose weight, but it never magically happened...lol I had to use some will power and faith to get through it. I'm a ways from my goal but I believe prayer and trusting God is helping. =o)
  • asmith1225
    Options
    :happy: Thank you that is extacly what I needed today not just in weight lost but my life as whole!!!
    God Bless!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Great thought...may I use it as a poster in my home gym?

Courage and strength,

GTO
  • conniestar
    conniestar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I have been in the same place - praying for a miracle weight loss overnight! BUT, deep down I knew that God was calling me into being a better steward of the body He gave me, and I have done a pretty poor job of taking care of it, until recently.

More encouragement: God IS faithful - He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear; and He will always provide a way out of a tempting situation. ( I Corinthians 10:13)

Blessings.
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    How true that is for so many difficulties and problems in our lives.
    Thanks Pammy.