Dinner out... HELP!!

Options
ok, so tonight my hubs has a work event... it's at a local restaurant and they don't have nutritional info on their website. I'm gonna post the link to the menu, and I would REALLY appreciate any help on menu selection.

Note, I'm not a fan of salmon lol!!

http://terminalbrewhouse.com/menu/soup-salad

on the right hand side of the page you can click appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, whatever...

HELP!!

Replies

• kdubose81
    Options
    YOU CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE SOME TIME OF SALAD WHEN IN DOUBT RIGHT ?
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Harvest Chicken Salad Sammy looks fine.

You could always get a burger, no bun.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Navin R. Johnson $14

Navin R. Johnson – 8oz salmon seared medium, dusted in our jerk rub and topped with pineapple jalapeño relish. Served with mashed sweet potatoes and baked beans. The new phonebook’s here! The new phonebook’s here!
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    order sensibly and be sure to tell the waitress/waiter that you don't want them to add any extra butter/oil, etc to anything including any steam veggies. Restaurants use tons of butter to make their food more appealing and tastier. Don't be afraid to speak up and tell them how you would like your food, you are the customer and you are the one that will be accountable tomorrow for what you have eaten. I would also try to log more calories with exercise to compensate for anything you cannot control. Have fun tonight! I love going out to dinner with the hubby!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    LUCKY’S SEVEN or the HARVEST CHICKEN SALAD SAMMY is what I would go with... if u eat something healthy before and you are not so hungry get the app of hummus.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What about the chicken breast with peach salsa (entree menu: eat a peach) and a side salad?
    Just because it comes with bacon grits doesn't mean you have to eat them ... or eat more than just a taste.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Life can't always be about the calories ... your entitled to enjoy your life as well. I would suggest you order whatever it is you love and only eat half. Take the other half home or give it away. Add a little extra exercise in, perhaps a nice walk. But don't live everyday thinking you are limited ... if you live by limits, you will struggle. It is a journey my friend ... One that should be embraced with enjoyment. :)
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with chicken...and something beside the bacon dressing! Or the sammich with grilled chicken...get it plain. then take of the top part of bun (usually bigger) and eat it like an openfaced sammich. Thats what I usually do! Whats nice is they tell you the oz of meat which most places don't. No guessing there!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It's always hard to estimate this stuff when they don't have nutritional info. You could do a burger and skip the fries. They have a spinach salad that looked good, too (ask for dressing on the side and dip your fork in it). Looks like they also have some "market fresh" stuff they do--this might be a good option, depending on what is available.

No matter what you order, I would suggest asking for a to-go box up front. Before you even begin to eat, take half of your food and put it in the to-go box. Just eat what's left. This will help you not to OVEReat, which is the biggest danger at places like this. I think if you do this and make sure you work out today, you should be fine with several of the menu items.

Have fun!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The upstate salad and the lucky 7 look good - I love wing sauce. They have low-fat honey mustard dressing so you can get that on the side. Some of the entrees could work if they'll let you swap the sides for salad or if they have veggies or something. Even some of the mashed sweet potato wouldn't be horrendous.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Life can't always be about the calories ... your entitled to enjoy your life as well. I would suggest you order whatever it is you love and only eat half. Take the other half home or give it away. Add a little extra exercise in, perhaps a nice walk. But don't live everyday thinking you are limited ... if you live by limits, you will struggle. It is a journey my friend ... One that should be embraced with enjoyment. :)

This. Exercise before hand so you have extra calories to use if you are in doubt too.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    go with this- Navin R. Johnson – 8oz salmon seared medium, dusted in our jerk rub and topped with pineapple jalapeño relish.- Skip extra side and get veggies instead.
  • monodesigns
    Options
    It irks me that breweries want to serve their beer with extremely greasy or carb laden foods. Sadly the Lucky's Seven salad is probably the best thing on the menu that you would eat. I still can't believe I married a woman that doesn't like salmon. :tongue:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Skip that salad crap and go for the Eat a Peach....It's got Chuck Norris slaw....Chuck Norris...Nough said
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would order the Navin R. Johnson no matter what is in it.:laugh:
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The entrees sound delicious, but all of them are pretty cheese/carb heavy....

Some of the salads seem okay, you would definitely want dressing on the side though (and maybe no cheese... sometimes restaurants go WAY overboard with cheese on salads!!)

Lucky’s Seven Salad would be my pick. Or maybe the soup, depending on what kind they had that day.

(..well, actually, MY pick would be something with salmon, but you said you don't like salmon... too bad because it has lots of protein and healthy fats!!)
  • collyllama
    Options
    I would order the Navin R. Johnson no matter what is in it.:laugh:

Bahahaha! I'd be tempted. But I'm not a fan of salmon!