Advocare

Options
Hey... I have a friend on the Advocare cleanse. I think it's 24 days. I was wondering if that works or would be a good booster for weight loss???

Replies

• jspezz
    Options
    It's a great cleanse, I do it 2x a year! You should do a high fruit/nut low protein diet with it so it works its best!
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it this weekend, I think it's a 10 day cleanse though.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I prefer soap and water =)

On a more serious note, your body is pretty good at cleansing itself...
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think your body needs 24 days to cleanse itself. That seems a little extreme. I know a few people who have tried it and gave up because its a lot of work!! Pills drinks shakes, pills drinks shakes......... over and over and over. Some of my friends quit after the first week because it exhausted them so.... its up to you!
  • Powerballz
    Powerballz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought the Advocare 24 day challenge pack recently and plan to start it the weekend after Thanksgiving. The cleanse itself is just the first 10 days. The next 14 is a nutrition plan with supplements to get you on the right track afterwards. From what I've heard (both the rep and friends that have used it) it's a mild cleanse compared to a lot of them out there. You can eat whatever you want, but if you eat too badly it will just mean a less effective cleanse. It's not designed for weight loss on its own, but will help kick start weight loss afterwards. However, just clearing out your plumbing with the cleanse will usually result in a few pounds lost initially. Although the intestinal buildup is natural, if you eat healthier afterwards, you probably won't have as much as you did before.

Just my amateur analysis on it from what I've read and heard.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Water and fiber are cheaper alternatives
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I bought the Advocare 24 day challenge pack recently and plan to start it the weekend after Thanksgiving. The cleanse itself is just the first 10 days. The next 14 is a nutrition plan with supplements to get you on the right track afterwards. From what I've heard (both the rep and friends that have used it) it's a mild cleanse compared to a lot of them out there. You can eat whatever you want, but if you eat too badly it will just mean a less effective cleanse. It's not designed for weight loss on its own, but will help kick start weight loss afterwards. However, just clearing out your plumbing with the cleanse will usually result in a few pounds lost initially. Although the intestinal buildup is natural, if you eat healthier afterwards, you probably won't have as much as you did before.

Just my amateur analysis on it from what I've read and heard.

Any thoughts now that you are done with the 24 days?
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options

On a more serious note, your body is pretty good at cleansing itself...

Agree!!

You wouldn't have to "cleanse" if you didn't put all those "toxins" in your body in the first place! Natural/organic food should not have a problem making it's way through!