"Life's New Journey" November Challenge

Options

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I found it! I was lost for a few days trying to figure the month switch.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been missing the challenges. I'll do better.

Results from Wed challenge:

Food - Sodium is good. I have been bad with the halloween candy. But today I am back on track.

Cardio - Wed is spin class for me. The instructor that teaches it is very motivating & his classes are intense. I did 60 minutes of spin and 15 min warmup on the elliptical. Had a nice calorie burn confirmed by my HRM.

Strength - didn't do the squats. I take an hour long weight training class on Tuesdays so I gave myself a rest for Wed.

I'll work on the Thursday challenge this evening. Have a great day.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    today is my day of rest- my body hurts too much :sad:
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Wednesday Challenge results:

Food - under 1600 mg of sodium! :happy:

Cardio - did W2D2 of C25K...90 second jogging/2 min walking intervals for 30 minutes

Strength - I have a hard time remembering to do these...I did roughly 50 I think :ohwell:
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok - did yesterday's cardio. Can't do squats - bum knee. Kept under sodium.

Today - done cardio. Still under on sodium.
  • tammihart
    Options
    Is there anyway the daily challenges could be decided ahead of time and have a weeks worth of them posted or something? Or even post them a couple days ahead. I am having trouble seeing the daily challenges in time to do them as well.

I'm thinking of doing the daily challenges a day behind everybody else so that I can actually see them in time to do them.

I might have to do that too :)

I was thinking of doing that but now I can't even find the challenges. I am very lost in November!:sad:
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thursday's challenge complete!

I had 8 g protein remaining and still some cals so I guess I could eat a few almonds or something, but I'm exhausted! I'd rather hit the sack and skip the cals. :)
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!! TGIF

I am not sure what the answer is for everybody to see the challenges. Let me know how this is working or maybe on Monday I will get creative and do a whole weeks worth and then maybe brief updates every morning. Let me know.

Fridays Mini Challenge:

Food- today have a look at the amount of fibre you are consuming. Fibre is very good at making you feel full as well as the obvious effects. Try to incorporate fibre in some of your snacks. Examples are fruits, granola, and my favorite fibre one bars.

Cardio/strength - today do a circuit training. Alternate cardio, and strength at 1 minute intervals for at least 20 minutes. Some examples of cardio are jumping jacks, knee ups, jogging, etc. strength examples are lunges with a bicep curl, crunches, squats with arm raises, etc. don't forget to stretch before and after.

Emotional- today I would like everybody to look in the mirror and find something that you really like. It might be your eyes, your smile, etc. spend a minute and believe that you are worth this journey. Whether this is the beginning, the middle or getting close to the end of your new life journey, you are worth it. Smile and have a great day.

Donna
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday I did Insanity and 30DS...man did I feel it in the legs today. Even though 30DS was much easier to get through than before.

But today...or well yesterday technically since it's 3:07am...Thursday morning my boyfriend's mom passed away so I was with family all day and until after the funeral is over I don't think I'll have much time to get all my workouts done so I know I won't be getting all my workouts in this week and possibly next week. This week I still need 2 Insanity, 1 yoga, and 1 30DS and I don't think that will happen in two days...especially since I'll be in the city most of Saturday (it was a good friend's birthday Thursday and sadly her birthday present was DBF's mom dying who she knew very well...but Saturday she's having supper and a celebration with friends) And Friday more family is coming to visit in the afternoon.

So anyway, I will update later on if I do get any workouts in and then once the funeral is over and life starts to slow down again I'll get back on with my workouts.
  • tammihart
    Options
    Hello All!!! TGIF

I am not sure what the answer is for everybody to see the challenges. Let me know how this is working or maybe on Monday I will get creative and do a whole weeks worth and then maybe brief updates every morning. Let me know.

Fridays Mini Challenge:

Food- today have a look at the amount of fibre you are consuming. Fibre is very good at making you feel full as well as the obvious effects. Try to incorporate fibre in some of your snacks. Examples are fruits, granola, and my favorite fibre one bars.

Cardio/strength - today do a circuit training. Alternate cardio, and strength at 1 minute intervals for at least 20 minutes. Some examples of cardio are jumping jacks, knee ups, jogging, etc. strength examples are lunges with a bicep curl, crunches, squats with arm raises, etc. don't forget to stretch before and after.

Emotional- today I would like everybody to look in the mirror and find something that you really like. It might be your eyes, your smile, etc. spend a minute and believe that you are worth this journey. Whether this is the beginning, the middle or getting close to the end of your new life journey, you are worth it. Smile and have a great day.

Donna

I found a November challenge. Thanks! Donna. I really enjoy these, you are doing a great job.
  • mamapaints
    Options
    Today I'm taking a REST day; though I will probably still get out for a nice walk, but nothing "hard core".

Donna, perhaps you could put a week's worth of mini challenges right in your very first OP for "Life's New Journey" . Then at the beginning of each week swap those out for the new ones. Or even three days at a time. The quotes are so fun that maybe those could be posted one day at a time, but still in the OP where everyone is sure to see/find them. :)
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today I'm taking a REST day; though I will probably still get out for a nice walk, but nothing "hard core".

Donna, perhaps you could put a week's worth of mini challenges right in your very first OP for "Life's New Journey" . Then at the beginning of each week swap those out for the new ones. Or even three days at a time. The quotes are so fun that maybe those could be posted one day at a time, but still in the OP where everyone is sure to see/find them. :)

I second that!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have already done my cardio for the day the bears attacked our garbage and it was spread across a 1.8 acre lot. The garbage was from a 4 cubic dumpster so.......hour and a half of up and down walking and lugging heavy bags back to the bin....phew My ticker said 3 miles when I finished...LOL

Have a great day!!!
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thursday's challenge results:
    Cardio - Done
    Strength - 20 out of 100
    Sodium - under
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Yes please! Or even put them as a column in the spreadsheet so that we can see them when we check in for the weight? Some days, I can only fit things in in the mornings, so I am behind.
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Results from Thursday's mini challenge:

Food - Ate all of my protein allotment.

Cardio - Ran 4.75 miles

Strength - I am working on the 100 push up challenge so I ended up doing 35 regular push ups (as per training schedule).

Ready for Friday and a great weekend!
  • Mskraizy
    Options
    Hello All!!! TGIF

Fridays Mini Challenge:

Donna

Food: I got a good amount of fiber in me today. Had alot of fruits and peanut butter =P and some other things. Finally got around to eating a breakfast around 8 am and that pretty much started my whole day. Don't know why I been feeling so sluggish. ELCH!

Cardio Strength: I did about 21 minutes of some strength training with a little cardio tied in (jog in place). I feel incredibly sluggish today although my diary looks incredibly good today. I just feel so blech, so unmotivated. I don't know what this is, but at least I got 21 minutes of exercise in. =/

Emotional: The one thing I really do love about me, well (I have two =]) that would be my eyes because they are so big and brown and I love em! People always tell me I have pretty eyes! And I love my HUGE HAIR!!! It just goes with me and my personality so well!!!:wink:
  • mamapaints
    Options
    Hello All!!! TGIF

Fridays Mini Challenge:

Donna

Food: I got a good amount of fiber in me today. Had alot of fruits and peanut butter =P and some other things. Finally got around to eating a breakfast around 8 am and that pretty much started my whole day. Don't know why I been feeling so sluggish. ELCH!

Cardio Strength: I did about 21 minutes of some strength training with a little cardio tied in (jog in place). I feel incredibly sluggish today although my diary looks incredibly good today. I just feel so blech, so unmotivated. I don't know what this is, but at least I got 21 minutes of exercise in. =/

Emotional: The one thing I really do love about me, well (I have two =]) that would be my eyes because they are so big and brown and I love em! People always tell me I have pretty eyes! And I love my HUGE HAIR!!! It just goes with me and my personality so well!!!:wink:

:) I love your huge hair too. My oldest daughter (age nine) we adopted from Ethiopia and she also has beautiful big hair. :) though now she is sporting braidlocs since June and she is loving those too.

Today has been a crazy day for me so I have been vigilant w/ keeping track of what food I'm eating, but haven't really been paying attention to fiber. I'm looking forward to a walk ALONE after dinner tonight. ;)

When I look in the mirror...... hmmmmm.... well, I like my hair... though I never do anything fun with it. Braid or pony tail or bun is pretty much my signature.
  • Mskraizy
    Options
    Hello All!!! TGIF

Fridays Mini Challenge:

Donna

:) I love your huge hair too. My oldest daughter (age nine) we adopted from Ethiopia and she also has beautiful big hair. :) though now she is sporting braidlocs since June and she is loving those too.

Today has been a crazy day for me so I have been vigilant w/ keeping track of what food I'm eating, but haven't really been paying attention to fiber. I'm looking forward to a walk ALONE after dinner tonight. ;)

When I look in the mirror...... hmmmmm.... well, I like my hair... though I never do anything fun with it. Braid or pony tail or bun is pretty much my signature.

Awww, I'm sure she is ADORABLE! :flowerforyou: She's lucky to have you and to be setting a good example by keeping yourself in good fitness! Good for you!:happy:

Is there a challenge today?
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Sooooo as of Friday we are going to Cancun, Mexico for New Year's. I've never been out of the country and we're going with a bunch of people who I neeeeeeedddd to be skinny around.....how shallow...but I've got a new goal now, so needing to get my crazy workout on!