Is this wrong

Options
At my work 2 of my co-workers got lay off - I work at a RV dealer so work is seasonal. And both of these co workers are skinny and they are always telling my that they can eat anything and they don't exercise and so on. So they will be back in Feb. So I would love to be down a few sizes before they get back to show them. Is this wrong??

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Wrong?!!! NO WAY!!!!

In fact... I would even want to rub it in their faces a little more... but I can be bad, so I wouldn't take any advice from me whatsoever :wink:
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    you define what is "wrong" for yourself
    - - but losing weight for someone else might not get you the best results.....i just know from experience; you have to really want it for yourself - not for revenge or to show anyone else. just my 2 cents - - good luck with your journey.
  • horse_shoes
    Options
    So I would love to be down a few sizes before they get back to show them. Is this wrong??

Show them what? That you can lose weight? Not to be rude or insensitive but I'm sure they don't care if you can lose weight or not.
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't think so. Although weight loss should ultimately be something we do for our health, it increases our confidence when others notice or when we feel better about our outer appearance.

P.S. Is it snowing by Edmonton too?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    It's not "wrong", it just might not be the best motivation for some people. I know I'm primarily losing weight for me, because I want to look good and be proud of my body - but a part of what makes that so awesome is how other people see me too. So find what works for you and go for it.
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hell NO! Get your Skinny on!
  • ndaney
    ndaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is wrong. It is a pretty natural feeling. I think things like that sometimes. But I also think about how good I will feel about myself and healthy I will feel. So DO this for you!!!! Add me if you want a friend to support you along the way!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I second the "Hell no!" That was my immediate response! :bigsmile:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If it helps motivate you, then no, it's not wrong. Just don't let that be the ONLY reason you are trying to lose weight; you need to do it for YOU, too.
  • maryshack
    maryshack Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! Good luck!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Not even slightly...If that's what motivates you I say use it. Some people might not say it's the healthiest way to do it but if that's what motivating you I don't see the problem. You now have reason and the drive to do it, go for it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Whatever motivates you is not wrong. However, perhaps your main motivation should not be what someone else thinks of you but rather what you think of yourself. It's not always easy to find that kind of motivation, but it's more lasting that way...
  • Albertafun
    Albertafun Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know that it is not maybe the right reason but it is not the only reason I want it for myself too. I just get tried of this one person telling me what I should and should not eat. And I don't eat alot of junk to begin with.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bit weird. Also, how are you going to feel if they don't say anything about your proposed weight loss when they return? If you want to be healthier, do it for yourself.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it motivates you then I don't see anything wrong with it.

But if anyone took it upon themselves to tell me what I should or shouldn't eat, I would end that very quickly and I wouldn't be very nice about it.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    RVs-are-fun-.jpg
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What could be wrong with getting healthier? Whatever motivates you, use it.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if this is a serious post or not. Either way, bad idea.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    as long as you use it as motivation and don't rub it in later then I say go for it. Whatever adds fuel to your fire.
    But realize you have to want this more than that because using that as motivation with nothing else pushing you on you might find it isn't enough.

For instance I wanted to lose weight for myself. But when i was on the treadmill and wanted to stop, I would think of my ex dumping me for that skinny chick with overplucked eyebrows (later She ended up cheating on him haha Karma) but I used it as extra it wasn't my main motivation.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You have to want it for yourself or you will fall off the wagon. Anger and rage can only sustain for so long, unless you are a complete a$$h0l3 like me. Then it causes a whole new set of issues.