Is anyone a sports nutritionist that can help

Options
Hi, how are you? I am 5'3 and weigh 140Ibs and want to go down to 120 lbs. I train an average of 5 times a week in Muay Thai usually one hour but sometimes 2 and just started also running 4 miles a day on the days that i train. I am also a vegetarian. I was wondering if anyone knew what my ration of carb/fat/protein should be and which foods i could get them from. I want to ensure that my body is properly being taken care of and nourished and that my muscles are recovering effectively. Also do i need to worry about Zinc and Iron and if so.. can i get all i need from food or do i need to take supplements and if so which ones..
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.. I tend not to like anything that isn't natural or organic and am a little skeptical about protein drinks should i be?

:happy:

Replies

• LaLuz
    LaLuz Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, how are you? I am 5'3 and weigh 140Ibs and want to go down to 120 lbs. I train an average of 5 times a week in Muay Thai usually one hour but sometimes 2 and just started also running 4 miles a day on the days that i train. I am also a vegetarian. I was wondering if anyone knew what my ration of carb/fat/protein should be and which foods i could get them from. I want to ensure that my body is properly being taken care of and nourished and that my muscles are recovering effectively. Also do i need to worry about Zinc and Iron and if so.. can i get all i need from food or do i need to take supplements and if so which ones..
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.. I tend not to like anything that isn't natural or organic and am a little skeptical about protein drinks should i be?

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Have you plugged in your foods for the past day or so to find out what your current carb/fat/ratio is? It might be fine where it is. But that's always a good place to start.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm not a sports nutritionist but I'm sure they'll be along soon, hehe. And they will want to know what your current ratio and calorie intake is.

Good luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Here is my thoughts. You're bmi is already pretty good (24.5)
    so I would shy away from weight as your focus, and look at your Body Fat %. At your weight and height, that is far more important to health then your weight is. If you focus on your Body Fat and look to get it at around 21 or 22% you're doing right by your body, by concentrating on your weight, you're ignoring what constitutes the weight (I.E. fat to muscle ratio).

Put it this way, a woman who is 135 lbs but 20% body fat is far healthier then a woman who is 120 lbs but 27% body fat. AND I'll bet she looks tighter and leaner too (although I'm not sure if those numbers are realistic, just making a point).