151 pounds lost in 8 months!

Options
jcearth
jcearth Posts: 46 Member
I finally hit the 150 pounds lost mark this week. I started taking back control of my life on March 9th, and am now over two thirds of the way to my goal. Next up, 5 more pounds and I will weigh what I did as a senior in high school (in football season before I had to lose weight for wrestling). I am setting a goal of 200 pounds by the one year mark, and hit my goal weight by next summer. Who's with me?

My formula for success has been pretty simple: eat when I am hungry, don't eat when I am not, try to make good choices, and downplay the role of food in my life. I've found that I have cut out most of the bread and potatoes in my diet and replaced them with fruit and vegetables (by the way, veggies do not require butter on them to taste good - I never knew this). I still eat cheese (my favorite!) every day, but have switched to leaner cuts of meat, and added a lot more fish to my diet. I have gradually increased my calories each month, because I have also increased my.......................

EXERCISE! I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds when I started. I now run 4 miles a day. It didn't happen overnight, but I kept pushing myself a little further each and every day. I think that is important - always test your limits, and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. You will also more than likely get injured at some point, which has happened to me a few times, too (a knee, a back, and am now battling sore hammys). But I battled through each injury, and didn't give up with my nutrition.

A quick word about the scale: even after losing 150 pounds, I still stress about it (I am a 4-5 times daily weigher). I managed to put it for 5 days once, but it didn't last. I applaud those of you who only weigh once a week or have ditched the scale altogether.

Congrats to all of those who have reached your goals, and to those of us not there yet, let's keep pushing!!!

bravesgame2010.jpg

151poundslost.jpg

7980302.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Cáity6155544
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation in just 8 months!

Well done. You must be so proud of yourself!
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. Well done, I'm sure you'll achieve your goal!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just awesome. What a great example you're setting for your boys. Thanks for the motivation!

Jennifer
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    holy smokes Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just unreal! 150 lbs!!! woah!!!! amAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzing transformation!

big thumbs up and high five to you! :D
  • alandy64
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration and are looking incredible! I do a boot camp and the trainer always tells us it's just about "never saying, 'quit' " He's right, and you are too! Keep up the great work!
  • dwnlynn
    Options
    Wow great job! You look amazing!
  • KaylaWeber87
    KaylaWeber87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!! :):noway: LOL WTG!!!!!!
  • Ncdaniel16
    Ncdaniel16 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats!! You should feel very accomplished and proud!! :smile:
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is awesome....you give me something to really look forward to...keep up the great work
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YOu are A-frippin'-MAZING!!!!!!! Way to go!!!! :drinker:
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job! I also weigh myself multiple times a day...I can't help it! :/ lol
  • triplej64
    triplej64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Good for you for sticking with it and perservering through those health issues. It's so easy to just give up! You're an inspiration for all of us :)
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. Well done, I'm sure you'll achieve your goal! Thanks for the motivavtion ,
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Wow great job! You look amazing:smile:
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look GREAT! I am so amazed at your accomplishment. You have truly inspired me to keep push. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! What a greaexample to your children. I am amazed how fast you lost so much!
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT!!!! way to go..
  • ameerah77
    ameerah77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Inspiring post. Thanks for sharing this. There's hope for me!!
  • pinkposca
    pinkposca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look amazing well done. :smile:
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!