Fitbit or Bodybugg which one should I buy??

Options
Alexa712
Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
Does anyone have Fitbit.. I was thinking of buying one... Its cheaper than bodybugg.... or should I just go for the bodybugg... Im so undecided... I want something simple to set up and use...

Replies

• melbaby925
    Options
    You should check out the BodyMedia FIT version of the bodybugg - it's a little more spendy, but it tracks your sleep quality and quantity, where BodyBugg doesn't.

I have a bodybugg, and I love it. It's the only thing I've used, and think it's helped a ton for me to understand how much I truly am burning during the day.
  • jike1017
    Options
    I live by my fit bit and this website...the two combined help me track what im eating as well as what i burn....and its small and can be thrown in your pocket and no one know its on you
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I HAD a Fitbit :( ... until I washed it ... twice. It is very nice but VERY small and though I have no problem with my (slightly larger pedometer) I kept washing my Fitbit. They have AWESOME customer service though, actually replaced the 1st one that I'd washed for free. When I did it a second time, I gave up.
    I was considering the BodyBugg but have read other posts that suggest that it may not be so accurate.?
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i posted this on another thread. now mind you they have updated the fitbit (i have one of the first models) but in general I don't think it's a very accurate device. I occasionally use it for sleep tracking and on vacations I'll wear it to track general mileage (as our vacations tend to be very walking heavy)
    I found mine accurately tracked my steps but I quickly "outgrew it" in my running training because i wanted more data about what i was doing. I still use the fitbit however when I know I'm going to have a particularly long or active "walking day" (ex. walking around Quebec City on vacation for 5 days) because my Garmin is just too bulky for that. I never used it for tracking calories, and I never stopped it until i went to bed and then switched to sleep mode. It's great for tracking sleep habits!
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I HAD a Fitbit :( ... until I washed it ... twice. It is very nice but VERY small and though I have no problem with my (slightly larger pedometer) I kept washing my Fitbit. They have AWESOME customer service though, actually replaced the 1st one that I'd washed for free. When I did it a second time, I gave up.
    I was considering the BodyBugg but have read other posts that suggest that it may not be so accurate.?

It is easy to set up on the computer...
  • kln83
    kln83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do not have either one, but have been interested in getting something like the bodybugg. I am interested to see what people say and which one they recommend or if there's something else out there that works good too.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The other thing to consider is what you want it for. If its just for tracking calories during workouts, stay away from both and get a heart rate monitor. If you want to track things constantly, then you're stuck with the same decision of which of the two choices.