Lost 50+ pounds and running 5Ks - PIC enclosed

Options
Hello everyone,

Last month, I ran my very first 5k race. Never in my life have I ever thought I would have done one of these. Eight months ago, I could barely keep a steady jogging pace. I love running now and it's something that I look forward to every chance I get. I'm not the best at it, but I sure do love it! Here's a photo from my very first race crossing the finish line. I about barfed everywhere at the end, but it was a great feeling to know that I completed a race.

Have a great day!

5krace.jpg

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome:bigsmile:
  • wolfxxi
    wolfxxi Posts: 19
    Options
    Way to go man! I hope to follow in your footsteps :)
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats That's great!!!
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Isn't that just one of the greatest victories EVER!??! While I certainly don't love running... I CAN DO IT!
    Congrats!!!!!! Keep up the great progress!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! Keep up the good work.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    congrats.. I cannot wait until I get to the point to walk the Komen walk again (60 miles) and actually finish... only made it about 26 miles before hurting myself last time...big milestones like this make all the hard work worth it
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss! :D and the 5K's! *salute*
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Congrats... that's awesome!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done, the first 5k is always so special. and well done on your weight loss. 10k next?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I did my first 5k on Oct 1!! Then my second on Oct 29. I LOVE TO RUN!!! I am going to run one every month next year!!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats.
  • tay726
    Options
    Congratulations. I have always wanted to run but being bigger its rough how did you get the motivation to start?
  • klaimedinsane
    Options
    awesome!!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!