November Shred-It Challenge Day 4

Options
Good Morning Everyone!

Finally! I woke up today and I wasn't sore! Well, sore, but not limping. :wink:

I'm finding already that I'm sleeping better, my energy levels are higher, and I'm actually excited about the day's workout.

An added bonus: I'm down 6 pounds! I'm sure I was retaining some water or something when I weighed-in on Tuesday, but I've also been working out everyday and my diet has been spot on. So, I'm pretty proud of myself and very motivated to keep this up!

How's everyone holding up?

Good luck withDay 4!!!

Replies

• Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have lost 1 kg ...lol
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I'm finding already that I'm sleeping better, my energy levels are higher, and I'm actually excited about the day's workout.

An added bonus: I'm down 6 pounds! I'm sure I was retaining some water or something when I weighed-in on Tuesday, but I've also been working out everyday and my diet has been spot on. So, I'm pretty proud of myself and very motivated to keep this up!

Good luck withDay 4!!!

Thats fantastic...I felt much better on Day 4 also! Im about to do D6 L1 ...happy shredding everyone!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I had to double up days 4 and 5 since I am taking tomorrow off as a rest day .

Just Shred It!

Have fun with it!
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Me too! Plus my neck that was "kinked" yesterday has sorted itself out

Feeling exactly the same way - slept like a rock body is feeling strong and energy is high!

WHOOT! WHOOT! on the 6 pounds! That is GREAT and it is so motivating!

Good luck withDay 4!!!
  • FitChic13
    Options
    Whoah people!

That was some crazy last post! I obviously haven't figured out how to reply to an individual post - sorry! :embarassed:

Lisa
  • FitChic13
    Options
    Hello Happy Shredders!

I've lost 4.7 since my first WI which was some time ago . . . .not cheering yet as I've decided to weigh in on Fridays; next Friday will be fun for sure!

THANK YOU to all who posted Shredding does get easier! Those first 2 days were killers! I am so proud to stick with it cause I am feeling GREAT right now . . .

Off to Shred - Day 4 coming up!

Lisa :smile:
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am not sore at all today. I already feel discouraged with this. I had lost 1 pound yesterday and weighed myself again today as an official weigh in and it found its way back. I can't seem to figure out even with mfp how many calories to take in and lose. I have tried 1200, 1500, and more than that and still can't lose.ugh

I will be doing my L1 Day 4 real soon
  • FitChic13
    Options

Just Shred It!

Have fun with it!

Whoah! You are amazing! Rock it Girlfriend - I seriously know I could not do 2 Shreds in on day right now - maybe next month :happy:

Lisa
  • phatsoslim
    Options
    I am not sore at all today. I already feel discouraged with this. I had lost 1 pound yesterday and weighed myself again today as an official weigh in and it found its way back. I can't seem to figure out even with mfp how many calories to take in and lose. I have tried 1200, 1500, and more than that and still can't lose.ugh

I will be doing my L1 Day 4 real soon

Don't get discouraged with this. I usually go up at the start because of muscle gain...remember muscle weighs more than fat. It's a good weight to put on because the muscle will burn the fat even when you are not working out. It doesn't get better than that...fat melting away while you are sitting around...nice!

Keep it up! You will notice things tightening and not so jiggly. You should measure yourself and concentrate more on inches lost than pounds lost.
  • phatsoslim
    Options

Just Shred It!

Have fun with it!

Whoah! You are amazing! Rock it Girlfriend - I seriously know I could not do 2 Shreds in on day right now - maybe next month :happy:

Lisa

I bet you'll be able to do it before the end of Level 1.

Keep up the great work!
  • FitChic13
    Options

I bet you'll be able to do it before the end of Level 1.

Keep up the great work!

Ah Ha! You've just given me my December goal! :bigsmile:
    Thanks!

• Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I told myself that I wasn't going to weigh myself until the 15th, but I cheated and hopped on the scale. I was 1.5 lbs lighter, but I'm not logging it until the 15th. This will help me to see if I can maintain what I saw today. I'm going to try not to weigh myslef, but it's really hard. I just felt different this morning and was curious. My arms feel stronger, not sure if they look it but maybe. lol.

Still struggling with the pesky pushups, but I've always hated them. Even when I was playing 5 sports and was in awesome shape in high school.
  • FitChic13
    Options
    SHRED - Day 4 Level 1 Done - and it was so much easier! Well, not easy, easy but my body is getting stronger and adapting. Only 6 more days until Level 2! :bigsmile:

Happy Shredding Everyone!

• Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    oh no! not going to be able to shred today or tomorrow!!! guess I will have to do it 3 times on sunday?... haha
    But my legs are super sore still, and I think my big walk with long strides is why I am feeling it so much today.

But I am already feeling better, I feel tighter in my clothes! :)
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    I told myself that I wasn't going to weigh myself until the 15th, but I cheated and hopped on the scale. I was 1.5 lbs lighter, but I'm not logging it until the 15th. This will help me to see if I can maintain what I saw today. I'm going to try not to weigh myslef, but it's really hard. I just felt different this morning and was curious. My arms feel stronger, not sure if they look it but maybe. lol.

Still struggling with the pesky pushups, but I've always hated them. Even when I was playing 5 sports and was in awesome shape in high school.

Oh I seriously hate push ups!!!! They are the devil!!!!
  • micmac327
    Options

I tried to do the same thing - hold of weighing myself til the mid-way point. But, the temptation and curiosity got too strong this morning and on the scale I hopped. The scale gave me good news, but I'm going to try really really hard not to weigh myself again until the 15th.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So, it gets better? I tried waking up early this morning to do it, that failed. Snooze button it was, I'm so sore. And it seems like the only time I'll have to do it today is when I get home from work around 11pm :-/ Is there anything wrong with doing this? (Besides being really tired.) I'm taking off Saturday and Sunday because of work so I really don't want to skip today too.
  • Ash091512
    Options
    Finally got day 4 done with about an hour and a half ago. My thighs were still burning alittle this morning, but with the workout i found myself doing more and not stoping as much. We shall see how the weekend goes!

Happy Shredding everyone!
    =]
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So, it gets better? I tried waking up early this morning to do it, that failed. Snooze button it was, I'm so sore. And it seems like the only time I'll have to do it today is when I get home from work around 11pm :-/ Is there anything wrong with doing this? (Besides being really tired.) I'm taking off Saturday and Sunday because of work so I really don't want to skip today too.

Not at all! Thats better than skipping a day :) This way you stay on track! Way to go!!
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @starrlight23 -

I just saw your post from yesterday about starting a walking routine. My trainer in the past has told me to do your strength session first, then cardio because by the time you get to your cardio your body will be burning mostly fat, so it speeds fat loss. She gave me the scientific reason, but I dont remember all that :tongue:

Okay, off to do my third day of the shred... really looking forward to tomoro when, from what it sounds like, I wont be as sore :happy:

Happy shredding all!