New to Calorie Counter

Options
Hi there everyone I'm Lisa and I just join Calorie Counter yesterday 11/3/11. I will need all the help and support from everyone. I'm a single parent of two kids, a return college student and have a job and at this present time I'm at 230lb and will like to get down to 175lb. I have try all type of diet plan and have lost weight but end up regaining the weight back.

Replies

• PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone I'm Lisa and I just join Calorie Counter yesterday 11/3/11. I will need all the help and support from everyone. I'm a single parent of two kids, a return college student and have a job and at this present time I'm at 230lb and will like to get down to 175lb. I have try all type of diet plan and have lost weight but end up regaining the weight back.

Welcome Lisa! You can do it ;) Good luck to you on your future goals! Feel free to add me for support if you'd like =)
  • Vanilla30
    Options
    Make sure you track all that you eat and try to work in walking or some low impact exercise. Not one of us gained our weight over night so slow coming off is the best. Be mindful of your food choices but track track track it daily so you can see what you are eating. You will do just fine, one day at a time..
  • brodie2310
    brodie2310 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am new here too. I have been in a hosptial based program that aims to reduce weight, therefore reduce the chances of heart disease, type 2 diebetes, high blood preasure and a few other things.
    The best thing that I have gotten from it is that this isn't a temporary thing - it is a life style change.
    When you log everything that you eat, and start wtih tracking only the fat grams that you eat you will notice that you will change what you eat right a way. This site will track more, so you can set small goals to start.
    By tracking fat and calories only, I have lost 20 pounds. I have noticed that I make better food choices with out having to think so much about it.
    Let me know if I can help, or give some support.
    Good luck!!