Confessions To Self

Options
72lori
72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
Sometimes on this journey we need to really step back and look at what we are doing, what we need to do differently and be honest with ourselves. It's so easy to fool yourself. We can convince ourselves of anything! It's especially fun to put the blame on anything else we can! In order to move ahead, you need to tell yourself the way it is.

Feel free to add your confessions. Here's my confession to me:

Dear Me,

Remember when the scale stopped moving 3 months ago? Remember how you were doing everything right yet nothing happened? Remember how you got frustrated and stopped logging your foods so carefully? Remember how you said it didn't seem to matter if you logged them or not, nothing changed either way? Remember how you said you 'kept track in your head'.

Well upon careful consideration and actually logging your foods, everything, for the past 3 days, You were fooling yourself. You tried to think you could keep track of all of it. You were sneaking extras though, you know you were. You weren't making bad choices, just too many choices.

Get your rear back in gear. Vacation is over!

Love,
Me

Replies

• 72lori
    Options
    Sometimes on this journey we need to really step back and look at what we are doing, what we need to do differently and be honest with ourselves. It's so easy to fool yourself. We can convince ourselves of anything! It's especially fun to put the blame on anything else we can! In order to move ahead, you need to tell yourself the way it is.

Feel free to add your confessions. Here's my confession to me:

Dear Me,

Remember when the scale stopped moving 3 months ago? Remember how you were doing everything right yet nothing happened? Remember how you got frustrated and stopped logging your foods so carefully? Remember how you said it didn't seem to matter if you logged them or not, nothing changed either way? Remember how you said you 'kept track in your head'.

Well upon careful consideration and actually logging your foods, everything, for the past 3 days, You were fooling yourself. You tried to think you could keep track of all of it. You were sneaking extras though, you know you were. You weren't making bad choices, just too many choices.

Get your rear back in gear. Vacation is over!

Love,
    Me
  • reneehawk71
    Options
    I like this dea! Ok, here goes:
    Dear me,
    The tape measure doesn't lie. The scale doesn't lie. The calories add up. If you really want to lose weight, you have to stop eating like you're used to. Chocolate is NOT your friend. You will not die without it. You must avoid the sweets because you can't control yourself once you start. One piece leads to the whole bag. Your children need you to be around and your bad eating habits and smoking will kill you. Stop telling yourself "this is my last pack of smokes" because you lie. You must quit. The kids are counting on you.
    Love, Me
  • mother23ts
    Options
    Dear me,
    Stop telling yourself how serious and focused you are this time and then sabbotaging yourself with a cookie. Yeah its whole wheat chocolate but those chocolate chips are real and whole wheat does not mean fat free. I know you love your coffee but you have to sacrafice and if that means fat free creamer then so be it. Help me out with a little more self control. YOur off to a great start just dont ruin it for us. We can do this together!
    Love, Me
    175941.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You certainly nailed it with this one! I think you have been reading my mind. Thanks :flowerforyou:.
  • sillysallyf
    sillysallyf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dear Me,

Please help with doing all exercises and not trying to give up in the middle. :explode: You can do this you have what it takes, I know you do. :happy: When you see a fast food place and think about wanting to get some. Just say to self, "Think about the stomach pains your going to get after and all the fat and not so good things you’re putting into your body." :sick: We are trying to get rid of that stuff remember. And drinking every weekend is not good for you. Why don't you replace that with spending quality time with your beautiful children. You could ride bikes with them, go to the park and run around with them. This way you’re exercising while spending time with them. Instead of taking in calories by drinking you will be burning calories while playing. Sounds like a good ides, huh? Be patient the pounds will come off. In the end it will be worth it.

Love,
    Me
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Dear Me,

After careful consideration and reflection on past events involving one or more decisions; especially the two blonds you were involved with back in 1986. You should've had a V-8.

Yours Truly
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Dear me

less talk

more do
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Dear me

Stop making excuses
    Only you are responsible for yourself..what you eat and how much you exercise
    If you eat right/well and work-out .....it will pay off
    Get your head out of the sand,...that cupcake won't solve a thing

Lova ya!
    me
  • 72lori
    Options
    Dear me,

Remember how when you first started at the gym you hated those mirrors? Wasn't it cool to realize today as you were watching your much smaller self jog that you like them? You look at yourself anytime you can, don't you?

Good for you! Vanity is awesome! :laugh:

Love, ME
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    Dear Me,

Stop eating crap. Stop buying crap, then it's not there to eat. SIMPLE. Get it through your head!!

No love,
    Myself
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    Dear Me,

Stop eating crap. Stop buying crap, then it's not there to eat. SIMPLE. Get it through your head!!

No love,
    Myself

WOW! BRUTAL!

Dear me,
    You know you can get out of bed at 6am. There is no reason to lay there until 8am. Get up and get started. You're being lazy, and pathetic. Get over yourself, this is nobody else's fault but your own. Eating because you're bored is not the answer. If you ARE bored, go do something worthwhile.

No regrets, no excuses.
  • mother23ts
    Options
    Dear Me,

After careful consideration and reflection on past events involving one or more decisions; especially the two blonds you were involved with back in 1986. You should've had a V-8.

Yours Truly

Too funny!

Dear me,
    Your doing good with staying on track just dont fail us now. Usually around this time is when your stop paying attention. Listen, work out, eat right, problem solved!
    Love your sexy self,
    Me
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Dear Me

Stop whinning about how tired you are, Im sick of hearing it. You make the choice every day to hit snooze. This is what you want stop making excusing, youv done that and its what got you into the mess! Stop telling yourself that its ok to have cheat days your just cheating yourself. A day is a day!! Its a lifestyle change and that means you change! Letting yourself purge on the weekends is incredibly unhealthy and your self sabatoging. STOP IT!!!! You have full control of all your choices so start making the right ones! Skye needs you to be the example how can you do that if your being a slacker and making excuses. This is all your fault so shut up and make it better!!!