I Love Me Some Taco Bell

Options
So, once a week I can't help myself and I splurge on some fast food. I have found the hard shell Taco Bell taco's to fit the bill perfectly. 170 calories each without a crazy salt content.

Today's the day, I look forward to it all week!

Replies

• Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We do this on Sunday evenings! We go for the soft chicken fresco tacos. Love Sundays!! Enjoy tonight!!
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do the chicken soft taco and it's yummy and it's 180 calories so it's not bad that way either! :bigsmile:
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Good to know!
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I do the same thing. And it's almost always Taco Bell. I think Taco Bell is so much easier to fit in than those burger joints...
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I sooo look forward to my Fresco chicken Taco and Fresco steak Taco which totals 300-310 calories! My guilt free indulgence :love:
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    I have splurge days as well helps keep me sane and as you said gives you something to look forward to!
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you need a splurge day to stay sane, you aren't viewing it as a lifestyle change, and just view it as a diet. I don't care if it's 1800 or 180 calories. There is nothing good about Taco Bell... Or fast food period. Cook your own tacos with lean beef or ground turkey. It'll taste better, be better for you and you won't die of heart failure from all the sodium.
  • rygar23
    rygar23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bgr33n5 - are you also saying you never have dessert?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you need a splurge day to stay sane, you aren't viewing it as a lifestyle change, and just view it as a diet. I don't care if it's 1800 or 180 calories. There is nothing good about Taco Bell... Or fast food period. Cook your own tacos with lean beef or ground turkey. It'll taste better, be better for you and you won't die of heart failure from all the sodium.
    Get a grip. Taco Bell tastes good. Maybe not to you. But to us.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Cheesy potato thingies, mmmmm.

Shame they got rid of that choco taco years ago :p

Haven't been to TB in ages, sad times. The bf goes through phases of places he won't eat and I'm too cheap to eat out on my own.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

To me, a lifestyle change doesn't mean having to give up everything you enjoy. It means saving those things for an occasional treat, not eating them every day. I'm finding that when I do "splurge" on those rare occasions, I enjoy it more than I used to because it is "occasional".

Yeah, Taco Bell isn't necessarily good for you, but having it once in a while is not going to kill you.
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I'm saying.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Del Taco rocks over T.B. Del Taco for the win haha!!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I go ahead and really splurge on 2 crunchy taco supremes every now and again for 400 total calories. The sodium is another story, but I fit the sodium into my day just like any of the other numbers. Give and take.

The greatest thing for me about logging is the flexibility it gives me.

I love home-made tacos too of course!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Oh for Pete's sake...
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options

To me, a lifestyle change doesn't mean having to give up everything you enjoy. It means saving those things for an occasional treat, not eating them every day. I'm finding that when I do "splurge" on those rare occasions, I enjoy it more than I used to because it is "occasional".

Yeah, Taco Bell isn't necessarily good for you, but having it once in a while is not going to kill you.
    Here, here!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

That's exactly what I'm saying.

:O! How?!

Hehe i think life is too short to skip out on tasty things all the time :flowerforyou:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Get a grip. Taco Bell tastes good. Maybe not to you. But to us.

Life style change means u can go eat out and not always sit home and eat...if we all had to sit home and cook all the time then that's a diet. U need to be able to do everything in moderation not cut out fast food forever and only eat at home . Def agree get a grip
  • mrshuerta11
    Options
    Good to know Thank You
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

While you're on a roll, explain how we will die of heart failure from all the sodium.