Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    taco supreme... omg so goooooood.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you need a splurge day to stay sane, you aren't viewing it as a lifestyle change, and just view it as a diet. I don't care if it's 1800 or 180 calories. There is nothing good about Taco Bell... Or fast food period. Cook your own tacos with lean beef or ground turkey. It'll taste better, be better for you and you won't die of heart failure from all the sodium.

You're funny.

Anybody care to make a run for the border with me?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If you need a splurge day to stay sane, you aren't viewing it as a lifestyle change, and just view it as a diet. I don't care if it's 1800 or 180 calories. There is nothing good about Taco Bell... Or fast food period. Cook your own tacos with lean beef or ground turkey. It'll taste better, be better for you and you won't die of heart failure from all the sodium.

You're funny.

<
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Bean Burrito and Cheesy nachos!
  • kellyss20
    kellyss20 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Read the book "Fast Food Nation". You will never want to eat at Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. again.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

You're funny.

I am tonight :) 2 SUPREME chicken soft tacos. And I will enjoy every creamy bit.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Snobs.

I enjoy the occasional Taco Bell. Chicken Burrito and Meximelt are my faves.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Read the book "Fast Food Nation". You will never want to eat at Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. again.

Nonsense.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

You're funny.

<
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Bull.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

It will probably only make me want it more. People said once you worked in fast food you wouldn't want to eat it either, but I still shoved my face full of frosties and chicken nuggets while working at one.
  • rygar23
    rygar23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bgr33n5 - are you also saying you never have dessert?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Good for you psycho!

Seriously, most people agree it is more than OK to have food that isn't "good for you" on occasion. Or having a beer.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options

To me, a lifestyle change doesn't mean having to give up everything you enjoy. It means saving those things for an occasional treat, not eating them every day. I'm finding that when I do "splurge" on those rare occasions, I enjoy it more than I used to because it is "occasional".

Yeah, Taco Bell isn't necessarily good for you, but having it once in a while is not going to kill you.

I agree with both of you in a way! I go off every once in a while and have something that I've been wanting for a long time. Splurging is a bit much for me but I will eat small portions. I workout so hard (training for petite bikini bodybuilding) but If I've been on a long strict diet for 4 weeks, I may go out and have a cheeseburger or taco. What I did realize however, is that I noticed that my tastebuds have changed big time and the grease coat my mouth and never eat it all. So for a treat yes but every week? Heck no!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Re-post: Splurging is a bit much for me but I will eat small portions. I workout so hard (training for petite bikini bodybuilding) but If I've been on a long strict diet for 4 weeks, I may go out and have a cheeseburger or taco. What I did realize however, is that I noticed that my tastebuds have changed big time and the grease coat my mouth and never eat it all. So for a treat yes but every week? Heck no! And yes I have my share of adult drinks too but not beer :drinker:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    And I give you this.....

http://youtu.be/-uwY3sjqYX0
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Good for you psycho!

Seriously, most people agree it is more than OK to have food that isn't "good for you" on occasion. Or having a beer.

Is it wrong that I don't know you, but I :heart: you?
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options

To me, a lifestyle change doesn't mean having to give up everything you enjoy. It means saving those things for an occasional treat, not eating them every day. I'm finding that when I do "splurge" on those rare occasions, I enjoy it more than I used to because it is "occasional".

Yeah, Taco Bell isn't necessarily good for you, but having it once in a while is not going to kill you.
    Here, here!

Some ppl need to grow up. A taco once a week won't kill you and if it does atleast you enjoyed it.
  • reneekenhamlin
    reneekenhamlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that other run to the boarder from time to time... I had two taco supremes last night and Im down a pound today!!!!! I wont be having them for awhile now..boy, It was worth It they were so yummy!!! Thanks for the posts guys ...I feel better now!:wink:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I usually order off the fresco menu and get a bean and cheese burrito with no red sauce. Or I will just one thing when I go. I love the cheese gordita crunch
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love 2 crunchy tacos off the dollar menu. The little sauce packets are so delish! I take a few home for during the week!