New to the boards, but certainly not the game

Hi, :smile:

I have had problems with my weight all my life, however recently things have become much worse for me in a sense. A year and a half ago I moved from my home town to a place where I know no one, have no job and basically am living a completely different lifestyle. I also stopped smoking 2 months ago. I haven't wanted a cigarette, but boy oh boy, Halloween came at the WRONG time for me. Somehow I've managed to stay away from the kids candy, but it's been a struggle. Night time after everyone gets home from work and school is the worst, I eat and eat (I think it's stress related). The really strange thing is I'm alone all day and really don't eat much and am completely satisfied. I know that something has to be done, I already have high blood pressure and I feel much worse than I used to. I need some motivation and help with this weight loss this time (this will probably be my 100th time trying - the most I've ever lost is 40lbs, lowest I can remember being is 155lbs.) In a year and a half, I have gone from 180 to now 221 lbs. It's become physically debilitating for me truly considering I'm only 5'1". I am really mad at myself for allowing this to happen. I just want to live a normal life with a normal body. I don't even really care about how I look, it's about my health, how I feel and being able to do "normal" things. So please, any little push, tip, encouragement, funny thought or inspiration you could give me would really be invaluable to me right now. I will need all the help I can find...this will be a LONG journey for me.
Thank you for reading and I'm thrilled to have found this site. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    I say this A LOT... but it couldn't be MORE sincere:wink: ... "THE BEST WAY TO FINISH SOMETHING IS TO START IT" and you have! It doesn't matter if you reach your goals the first time you try or the last time... the point is that you did. So GOOD FOR YOU for STARTING:bigsmile: ! Welcome! I think you'll like it here! :heart:
  • Thank you so much for your welcome Amber. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Hi waffle crumbs I love your name! Have you ever read How we get fat by Gary Taubes? I found it to be such an inspiring read. DefiniLo carbon approach so not for everyone but it's made a big difference for me and my sisourneyter. Take care and good luck on your j