What is that?! Oh, it's me. lol. I thought a house had grown

Options
What is that?! oh, it's me. lol. I thought a house had grown legs. New here. 23. 5'10''. Dont know how much i weigh. Havent checked it in years. Im thinking its around 300. EEk. Hopefully not over. I want to get healthy and hopefully with that health will come happiness. Starting is hard. Im trying to change my lifestyle not just diet. Made some headway in the food part. Portion control and substance. I dont know where to start with the excersize especially with limited resources. Any tips? Would love it if people could help and help push me towards my goal.

Replies

• sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Weigh yourself because weekly weight loss is important and exciting.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    make it a part of your life and throw away the idea of "dieting"... I eat whatever I want, but generally choose not to eat junk... but when I do, I build it into my day. Like today I am having chocolate filled crepes for dessert... yum yum... I just make sure I have enough calories left to do that... As to exercise, I only do about 1-2 hours formally a week... reality is, I am not one who will exercise a lot so slow is indeed better.
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would start with walks around your neighborhood - totally free and great exercise!
  • AliMatt27
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. I started using this site a week ago and it's actually really helpful. Walking, stretching, leg lifts and arm lifts with weights are a good way to start your exercise program. Google can provide you with lots of no cost options for getting the exercise in. I really enjoy using myfitnesspal, you'll find that everyone is supportive and really open with sharing their experiences. Talk to you later.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Be aware that the first couple of days are probably going to be difficult to get through, but if you keep in mind that it gets better really quick after that then it's easier to stay motivated. Good effort! I'd say good luck but this is all about effort and desire and guess what...one of the previous posts was absolutely correct when commenting that it's exciting to watch yourself lose weight and see how much of a better life you're living. Here's to a new you!
  • ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    I would start with walks around your neighborhood - totally free and great exercise!

I agree. One foot in front of the other. You can do this!
  • kfd1098
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

I was 314 pounds when I started with MFP back the end of July. I couldn't walk up the stairs in my house without having to literally pull myself with the railing. I was totally intimidated by exercise so I started in my house using the Leslie Sansone Walk videos from On Demand on my cable tv. It was free, I could do it in my home and it was manageable. I started with the 1 mile walk and only could make it through half of it at first.

My advice. Just keep moving, a little more everyday. I have now lost 43 pounds and run up the stairs when I'm putting my little one to bed :)

And make sure you pat yourself on the back each time you make a healthy decision, whether on food or exercise.

You can do it!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    welcome!

People here are very supportive. You came to the right place. There is a good viber and energy as well in MFP in order to reach your goals.

feel free to add me