This may not seem like an amazing achievement...

Options
So, truth is, when i lost weight two years ago, i wasnt eating healthy...still ate the fried stuff and all the crap but in moderation. I gained all the weight back...because i didnt learn that i had to make a lifestyle change for my whole entire life. These probably have been the first 2 days, in my whole life where i didnt eat junk, or fried food in sunflower oil..or the bad carbs! I cant believe ive done it so seemlessly!!! im so happy. I know this might not be an achievement for many people, but ive felt so much better about my life in the past two days then i ever have. My thinking is clear, no bloating, oh and so much motivation for weightloss! wooooo!

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    WOOO!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's huge!! It's all about attitude, and you have a GREAT one! Keep up the good work :D
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What a great change. You will never regret it. I know I feel so much better. Keep it up.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yea for you. Just keep taking it one step at a time. You've already got a good start.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE improvement!!! I am extremely happy for you! It is very difficult to give up all the "yucky" foods we love so much!!! Keep your eye on the ball!... I used to eat fast food daily..... got prego.... had gestational diabetes......in other words I was forced to give up all the "crap" food...... two years later I now CANT STAND the taste of fast food, much less the smell of driving past the places!!! :) it is amazing!!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Thats great, I can agree yesterday and today have been on the healthier side for me and it is great! Congrats on your journey!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Great job, and it IS an amazing achievement!
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Remember this feeling and take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • chuluotababe
    Options
    ME: Hello, My name is Chuluotababe (my friend gave me that name and it's an inside joke) and I'm addicted to fast food.
    ALL: Hi Chuluotababe
    ME: It's been 5 months since I've had my last Big Mac.
    ALL: <Applause>

Ok so this is a little exaggerated but you get the point... fast foods, fried foods, etc. they are seriously addicting. Have you ever seen "Supersize Me" ? These chemicals alter your brain. Everyday you go without fast food is a huge victory. Pat yourself on the back and keep up the great work!

(Oh and P.S. I'm NOT mocking AA... they have SAVED my family. I could use something like this for my iPhone addiction.)
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    its a huge achievement! same thing happened to me and i was waiting for the "bad food" cravings but they haven't come! over a month now :) now i'm starting to crave oatmeal and oranges hahaha- best of luck!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you...keep doing that and the bad food isn't even going to taste good anymore! I had a major realization last night when I saw a pizza commercial (which used to always make me drool) and felt NOTHING! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!