Bad Day - Bad Food

Options
Whenever I have a bad day, as I'm having today, I want nothing more than to sink my teeth into something sugary and fattening. I crave it when my day goes a wry. Please help!

Replies

• BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cocoa roasted almonds? You can get them in a 100 calorie pack. They are delicious and nutritious. And will help with that craving. Good luck!
  • ashleylevans
    ashleylevans Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I've noticed that a lot of times I'm happy if I grab some berries with low-fat whipped cream or a frozen fruit bar. They are low in calories but still seem to do the trick.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Feeling Puney today...just had two mini crunch bars...still feel Puney! LOL
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome website! Thank you!
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    which is why i keep sugar free jello pudding, low cal cookies and lots of 100 calorie packs of nuts and popcorn ... :) hope your day improves and hang in there :)
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    "chocolate chip cookie dough"

thankyou! this looks awesome.
  • hollymcd1027
    Options
    Snack size candy bars work for me! But you have to have the will power to only eat ONE! =)

That was the hard part for me to learn, but now that I am used to it I can have my little hit of chocolate, enjoy the comfort for a few mins, and only kill roughly 80 calories. Of course then its right back to making healthy choices.

After a while the guilt of indulging in say a whole candy bar got to me so bad that it made enjoying the candy bar impossible. So the little snack or mini size ones are a good compromise.
  • Yelswot
    Yelswot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Don't give in!! Eat a cup of grapes and drink a bottle of water! Then rethink what you really want! Also, Gihrardelli makes some really good dark dark chocolate. I can't eat too much of the 70% cocoa bars, so I try to stick to these. After 2 or 3 pieces, 1 serving, I feel satisfied. Only you can change your day from being bad to being good.
  • hollymcd1027
    Options
    bump - duh, I forgot I started with a reply! TGIF!!!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've been sick this past week. Being in a group challenge has held me accountable. Although I binged (~2000 cals instead of 1200 cals), I still only ate healthy food and was still able to lose my goal weight 1lb/wk without having to starve myself before weigh in or anything like that.