Working on Good Friday?

Options
hartkid13
hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
How many out there are like me and working on Good Friday?

I told my boss that the owner of our company must hate Jesus to make us work on Good Friday. She didn't think that was nearly as funny as my coworkers and I did.

Replies

• hartkid13
    Options
    How many out there are like me and working on Good Friday?

I told my boss that the owner of our company must hate Jesus to make us work on Good Friday. She didn't think that was nearly as funny as my coworkers and I did.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm not christian so it doesn't matter to me. But there are a lot of people out of my office today.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    We work most holidays. We get July 4th off but not Good Friday :noway: :frown:

We only get 6 holidays......Memorial day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day.......but I guess that's what happens when you work in the transportation industry.:ohwell: :wink: I manage a fleet of drivers and my drivers are out there working so I guess they expect me to be here too. Even on Christmas Day some of them are still out there. One of the downsides to the industry, I guess. And we rotate the 6 holidays. We all have to work one every year. This year, I work Memorial day :grumble: Oh well....just happy to have a job at this point :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I work for a Public School System, so I have it off. :smile: And... one more week of school then April vacation. Then, MY vacation! :happy::drinker: :happy::drinker: :happy:
  • hartkid13
    Options
    Those are the same 5 we get off. I don't know why we're here today. Our home office and the market is closed, so it is a catch up day for me.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am working too! This is the first year we haven't gotten Good Friday off. They turned it into a Floating Holiday we can take whenever we want. It sure was hard getting out of bed this morning when my husband didn't have to work though.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm working - or trying to do something that resembles working :happy:

I can't remember the last time I had Good Friday off...sigh
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    I have 16 holidays :tongue: just thought i would let you knowHartkid... :wink: and in case you did not know I have today off..

its AWESOME to be in the automotive industry... LOL

yeah my last job we only had like 5 holidays it sucked.. everyone I knew was off and we were working... BAH... anyway... cary on...
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Last time I had Good Friday off was in college. We were scheduled to get off of work at 2pm today, but my boss is in a great mood after a trip to Miami and said I could skip out today. She's great!

126046.png
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have to work today but I get off early! yay!

When my dad first started working here they use to have all kinds of holidays...now since the new owner has taken over...we only get....

Memorial Day
    4th of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving/Day after
    Christmas
    New Years

and occasional get out early day lol
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    :grumble: Stay at home moms get zero days off.

Haha seriously, I feel for those who have to go into a 9-5 grind. I do love staying home with my kids, but it's SO nonstop... sometimes I'm begging those last couple of hours before bedtime to get on with it already!
  • hartkid13
    Options
    Thanks Trouble. Sometimes I don't know how I would get through the day without your words of encouragement....(obscenity)
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I'm stuck at work with the rest of you, wish I wasn't I'm going to strangle a salesman today I can just feel it.:mad:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: I'm here..... Sucky..... I wish I could go home early! Phone hasn't rung once, but they still want us here *just in case*

CRAP! It just rang..... gotta go....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have to work today too. :tongue: My boss would appreciate that joke. He'd just make some smart alec comment back. :laugh: :laugh:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lol:laugh: I actualy didnt even know what good friday was untill someone at work told me. So in other words I have never had it off. I dont feel like Im missin anything though. Makes for a slow day when everyone else in the industry is off.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Stay at home moms get zero days off.

Haha seriously, I feel for those who have to go into a 9-5 grind. I do love staying home with my kids, but it's SO nonstop... sometimes I'm begging those last couple of hours before bedtime to get on with it already!

Can I second this!?! :bigsmile: haha
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: I'm here..... Sucky..... I wish I could go home early! Phone hasn't rung once, but they still want us here *just in case*

CRAP! It just rang..... gotta go....

AND that was the one and only time it rang ALL freakin' day.... OH, wait, I got one wrong number..... I'm out G's Have a great Easter, and I'll talk to you all on Monday! :flowerforyou: :heart:

:heart: Pipi :bigsmile:
  • hartkid13
    Options
    Thanks, Pipi. You too.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Easter and Passover.
  • lori0608
    lori0608 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom!!!
    I really feel for those at the office, but I know being a stay at home mom and full time student, I NEED A VACATION!!!!!!!!!!:explode: