How to get rid of the tummy pouch????

Options
Hey everyone,

I've gotta admit that I absolutely HATEEEEE doing ab work and while Insanity has definitely help me get rid of some unwanted flub I am now looking for any and all tips on how to tone that stubborn stomach area...specifically that evil bottom region.

Anyone out there have exercises that can help me get of my kangaroo pouch?

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've gotta admit that I absolutely HATEEEEE doing ab work and while Insanity has definitely help me get rid of some unwanted flub I am now looking for any and all tips on how to tone that stubborn stomach area...specifically that evil bottom region.

Anyone out there have exercises that can help me get of my kangaroo pouch?

no specific exercise will target fat loss ina particular area. you will have to lean out overall and the abdominal fat will go away also. however, depending on how much of a pouch you have and how long you have had it, your skin will need time to adjust to not having the fat there to keep it taut. continue to lean out and keep on with your ab exercises and you'll replace that flab with some lovely, solid bumps.
  • karots
    Options
    Cathleenr is correct. Fat loss happens where the body wants it to happen, not where you want it. Unfortunately all you can do is reduce overall fat, and hope that it goes sooner rather than later.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, and I was told to do cardio. Also, abs are made in the kitchen. This is a quote that I borrowed from one of my MFP friends. It's so true because I've been losing inches on my waist since I've increased my cardio, and I cut sugar as much as possible and increased my protein intake.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    cardio
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    eating cleaner will help immensely and is the place to start...
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yep, it starts in the kitchen. Diet plays a huge role in flat tummy's and overall fat stores. And you can train abs (I do, 2-3x/wk), but it does take time for the skin to adjust. I'm dealing w/ post baby #2 skin issues. :D
  • min84
    min84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful tips guys :) I guess I'll just have to step up the cardio :(