ankle weights???

Options
I just got ankle weights for my birthday and love them, but i dont know how to add them in my exercise diary?? does ne1 know?

i also wanted to know what MFP friends thought of them?

:smile:

Replies

• naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I just got ankle weights for my birthday and love them, but i dont know how to add them in my exercise diary?? does ne1 know?

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

i have been asking the same question, i have 3lbs ankle weights i love also and didn't know how to enter them into my mpf... I use them when i do lunges, leg lifts, or sometimes i just walk around the house wearing them.. (my kids always think that 's funny )
  • nidjam2
    nidjam2 Posts: 16
    Options
    That's so exciting! I bought a pair and wore them to work all day. Be careful what shoes you wear with them. If anything catches the weights it can puncture the weight. I found out the hard way, the sand ending up in my shoe. They feel great at the end of the day though when you take them off you'll feel so light. Good luck and have fun with them.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I have wrist weights I use when I work out. They add a little umph to an upper body workout and like someone else said when you take them off you feel lighter.

I have a lot of weight to lose (basically a whole other person) and I have a fear of having bat wings so I like them to work my triceps and all other arm muscles. Now I need to try some ankle weights.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    woot woot thanks you reminded me to pull mine out of the closet!!:drinker:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Why add them, consider them a bonus.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    What are you doing with them? Hopefully not walking or jogging. They put pressure on your knees if you use them while walking or jogging, be very careful about that. The knee is a fulcrum point, putting weight on the wrong end of that fulcrum can do bad stuff to the cartilage and joint. It speeds up the process of repetetive stress injuries.

If you're doing exercises or resistance, then they are a good thing. Just a little public service announcement for the day.:smile:

As to logging them, I wouldn't even count them, I would log the way you always do, these probably won't increase your calorie burn any more then doing the same exercise without them (or not a lot at least), what they may help with is keeping you at a level of difficulty that you would otherwise not be able to achieve, kind of like upping your weight when doing weight training.