Totally got off track

Options
Dear Everybody,
I don't know who is going to read this but i want to tell everyone how disappointed i am in my self. I have worked so hard for the last year and have lost over 100 pounds. On a recent visit to the doctors office (3 months ago) because of back pain i discovered that i have "Degenerative Disc Disease". I guess i have some bad discs in my back. Like 7 of them. The problem i ran into is that i use this as a Excuse to stop doing what i was doing. The gym got less and less. Counting calories went by the way side and some of the bad habits returned. How disappointing is that? I'll tell you, it's the most disappointing thing in the word when i went into the doctors office today and the weighed me and the scale said 274. WTF 274? I almost cried, YES Cried........ Pull man card now.

I am on a new mission starting NOW.

I WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ACTIONS.

I WILL NO LONGER DRINK SODA. TO INCLUDE DIET SODA.

I WILL NO LONGER GO FOR THE EASY MEALS, IE: Mc, Ds, BK, Arbys.........

I WILL NOT DRINK ANY MORE BEERS ON SATURDAY NIGHTS WHEN THE CREW IS TOGETHER.

I WILL MAKE SURE TO LOG EVERYTHING.

I WILL IS MY NEW I MIGHT...........

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

James Fitzgerald.
Rockledge Florida.

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I've been having a couple of bad months, myself. My excuse has been that since school is back in session, I've been so busy. But I started last year during school, and lost a ton! But recently the bad habits have been slowly returning, and the gym habit has taken a nosedive.

I'm in it with you, no more "I might" or "I will start again tomorrow"!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The good thing about getting off track is you can always get back on!!! Good for you. You can do this!!!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck to you!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my couple of bad days turned into 7 months and 15 extra pounds...

give yourself credit for admitting it...

lol @ pull man card now...hilarious!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you For Sharing this & I know you can do this!! Healthy Journey!!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have been diagnosed with the same (about 10 years ago.. FAR too young) with the addition of TWO bulging discs in my neck... This should not stop you from being able to exercise though...if I can, YOU CAN do it too! :happy:
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck, the Good thing is that you are BACK. Now a days (After 1 month exp with MFP) I have a feeling that, reducing weight is not big thing, controlling our Intake at each & every movement of our Day-To-Day life is Big Job, in-turn the Wieght automatically goes down.

As long as you have STRONG WILL to come back, forgot about those days, you will reach your GOAL.

Best of Luck to you and to all.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and you are not alone. I could do with an "I WILL " attitude as well.
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are not this first and will not be the last this will happen to. You have addressed and admitted your "getting off track": You will once again succeed.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Wow! That is one big admission! You are truly on your way to reaching your goals! We all make wrong choices, become slackers at some point. Well, not everyone, but some of us, including myself! But the joy comes in knowing that you have the power to transform yourself through making up your mind to change. Sounds like you have done just that. Keep up the good work!!!