another NSV

Options
Hope this isn't TMI, but I had to buy new underwear yesterday! The other was just bunching up under my clothes! I went down a size and they are not tight in any way. Hopefully I won't have these too long before I have to go down another size (good thing I buy the cheapo Hanes Her Way at Walmart!).

I'm going to get my mom to help me take in some of my pants. I have a lot to lose and can't afford to buy all new clothes for each size I go through. I'm hoping we can make some things work until I get to goal size and can go shopping for a whole new wardrobe (geez, I'd better start saving up...).

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good job! I desperately need new undies... I am wearing the same ones that I wore throughout my pregnancy and I was 80 lbs heavier then than I am now.
  • eclecticdeb
    eclecticdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't TMI, but I had to buy new underwear yesterday! The other was just bunching up under my clothes! I went down a size and they are not tight in any way. Hopefully I won't have these too long before I have to go down another size (good thing I buy the cheapo Hanes Her Way at Walmart!).

I'm going to get my mom to help me take in some of my pants. I have a lot to lose and can't afford to buy all new clothes for each size I go through. I'm hoping we can make some things work until I get to goal size and can go shopping for a whole new wardrobe (geez, I'd better start saving up...).

It's fairly inexpensive to get your clothes taken in by a decent tailor. So don't stress if it's over your Mom's sewing skills. :-)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I've always used the cheap Hanes Her Way or Fruit of the Loom from Walmart. I've decided that when I hit goal weight, I'm going to treat myself to a few really nice pairs from Victoria's Secret! I never bothered with them because I knew they wouldn't look good anyway. But I think that will be a part of my shopping trip when I lose all my weight...some really nice undies from VS!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. I know how you feel this weight loss business costs a lot and baggy knickers is a no no. lol
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

It's fairly inexpensive to get your clothes taken in by a decent tailor. So don't stress if it's over your Mom's sewing skills. :-)

She sewed clothes for us growing up, so I think she'll be able to do it. She only stopped sewing because she started nursing school when I was in high school and didn't have time. It's mostly my dress slacks, and they are pretty simple. The legs and butt are where it's really noticeable; they are just hanging on me. They are size 16s, and I'd like to get to a 6 or an 8. I wear a lot of knit pants with drawstrings to work, so I can just keep tightening the string on those. I only have a couple of pairs of jeans, and I'm making do with them by putting on a belt. Thankfully, I moved to a different job in my church a few months ago. I was at the front desk and had to be dressed nicely since I was the first face people saw when they came in. Now I work as the music ministry assistant and am by myself most of the day (mostly just see the custodial staff!). We don't have a full-time music minister right now, so I'm pretty much on my own all day. Makes it nice because I don't really have to dress up like I did at the front. I also have to run all over the building sometimes taking things various places, which is better for me than sitting at the front desk all day (I was starting to get the "secretary spread"!).
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    Fun NSV! Enjoy your new undies!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!