New Rules of Lifting for Women - Stage 1

Options
Hiya

I know there's a load of groups already on here for this but I thought I would see if anyone just starting out on this programme would like to join together to offer support and motivation and I suppose compare notes on how they're doing.

I've just finished my first week (well really i started weeks ago but for reasons of my own fault never really got to following the programme properly :mad: :embarassed: ).

I'm 5'7" and 137lbs at the minute. My aim with this is to shave my BF% down and trim my wasitline and gain some nice defined muscle.

Look forward to hearing from you and your stories

Libby :drinker:

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am starting it on Sunday!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'd love to keep hearing from you as you go along.

Way to go on those 1/2 marathon times too
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am starting stage 3 next monday
  • GertiLee
    GertiLee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week!
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just got the book from the library, and I am trying to figure it out. I think this would be a good program, but not quite ready to start. I don't have a gym membership or much equipment at home. I was trying to figure out which squat or exercise to do with each workout. I would be interested in any tips you might have. Sounds like you have done lifting before. Good luck. I am trying to decide if I am dedicated enough to purchase a copy and some more weights.
  • Libby81
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am starting stage 3 next monday

I can't wait to get that far, I love lifting. I have a dilema though I love my gym but its not exactly equppied for heavy lifting, I have to clean and press the body bar to do the weighted squats, although I suppose that could be a 2 for 1 bonus
  • Libby81
    Options
    I just got the book from the library, and I am trying to figure it out. I think this would be a good program, but not quite ready to start. I don't have a gym membership or much equipment at home. I was trying to figure out which squat or exercise to do with each workout. I would be interested in any tips you might have. Sounds like you have done lifting before. Good luck. I am trying to decide if I am dedicated enough to purchase a copy and some more weights.

I found i liked lifting when I did a regular body pump class at the gym although it was only light lifting. It took me a while, and help from MFP to get my head around the set up of the routines. You'll love it when you're ready to get started
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'd love to keep hearing from you as you go along.

Way to go on those 1/2 marathon times too

Thanks!