Hi! I'm new to the community!

Options
I've already lost 11 pounds without the community, but I'm starting to get sick of the same foods and I've been hearing a lot of disturbing things. Things like skim milk isn't good for dieting. It's all so confusing sometimes, I'm just trying to cut out fat really. Because I'm an apple shape.

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP Carah420 Congratulations on wanting to make a healthy Journey!! You can do it!! I'm here if you have any questions and want support and want to be encouraged!! Have A Great Weekend!!
  • dmonaco360
    Options
    Not sure why skim milk wouldn't be good for dieting. It is no fat and has all the same beneficial nutrients as whole milk w/o the fat. Also over and over dairy in the diet has been shown to contribute to a steady weight loss. It's good to ask questions- helps us all learn.
  • Mymykucera
    Options
    Hi this is my third day doing the whole calorie watch, i'm really excited about it. my short goal is to be a little slimmer by Christmas, and be at goal weight by my bday. and run the princess half marathon in end of feb. ;) looking forward to getting involved and seeing other people doing awesome things for their bodies!!!
  • carah420
    Options
    Well thanks ya'll. I'm by no means new to MyFitnesspal I've just never used the community tool before. My job is really boring and I just basically surf the web all day and I was researching diets, it said horrible things like again skim milk wasn't good and splenda was bad. But I' ve been using those things these last few months and I've lost 13 pounds. I guess I've found that sticking to the food pyramid, only eating my calorie goal and excersizing really helps. I ofcourse cheat on my diet a little bit, but the food pryamid says you can have a little bit of fats and oils :)!