Just starting out

Options
Hi, Just joined the program. Its my first time taking weight loss seriously!
Would love to meet friends who have ideas how to stick to the program and would also love to hear from anyone starting out. :s:smile:

Replies

• slc150
    slc150 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is my first week using myfitnesspal. It's great! I've tried losing weight before, even lost some weight. But I've always gained it back because I go right back to my bad eating habits. Good luck, we can do this!
  • minalovesrob
    minalovesrob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Working on my fitness goals during a stressful time in life. :noway: Excited to meet my goals!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    I am also new here and I'm looking for new friends too.
    Feel free to add
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I just started MFP last week. I know I blew it today, which is ok, that will happen from time to time. I am having trouble trying to figure out what to eat. I can keep my calories down, but my fat is off the chart, or carbs are high, etc. I can't keep it all under goal. I need some examples of foods and meals.
  • mfpfatima
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Yes we can definately do this. Counting on everyone's support!
  • mfpfatima
    Options
    I hear you. I have been googling and getting ideas from websites like weight watcher for healthy snacking. Hang in there.
  • sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey! I friend requested everyone posting above me, and anyone else posting is welcome to add me. I started in August, but got sidelined with the shingles. I had a non scale failure (is that a phrase?) last weekend and I am more determined than ever to do this and would love to get and offer support.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have just started back up, I had exams and so everything else got pushed to the back. I am just starting my diary again for the first time properly in about 3 weeks. I am treating it as a completely new start. It is so difficult and this is a really awesome site for helping. Feel free to add me, it is good to have some people who are going through the same thing.
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    sosasycindy;

sure you can make it... we can make it

lets help each other in this new jorney
  • mendola77
    mendola77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the message boards, but started MFP in August... I find logging my daily caloric intake and activity is helpful. The only thing I find strange is the amount of calories I'm suppose to intake. According to my weight MFP Caloric intake is like 1960, 269g Carbs, 73g Protein and 65g Fat. My dietician tells me no way, I should intake 1200 Cals, 164 Carbs, 54g Protein, 37g Fat. I hate counting but I needed to change my life around. Goodluck, this is a great tool for loggig your life...
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    halzp;

it is good to make new friends over here
  • vinodh8884
    Options
    I feel so embrassed.. People are here to lose weight... I am here to gain weight :P I need to gain around 10Kgs in 100days...
    any tips and help for me???

Vinny
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Vinny

I have friend with the same desire of you: gain some pounds.
    I will ask her what she does then I will let you know...

Right now, I don't have a clue....
  • sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vinny,
    Back in the day when my husband was looking to gain, he added protein powder to everything and ate lots of eggs. I hope it helps. We're happy to support you, too!
  • mfpfatima
    Options
    Okay so day two, I was surprised with a nice breakfast of turkey sausages, eggs and baked beans - yum. After logging in the calories of course I have spent half the day calories right there. So here is the plan - eating 2 fruits for lunch so I can have a decent dinner!!

Any good ideas other than cereals for breakfast - anyone?
  • wranwriff
    Options
    Wanted to introduce myself via the message board. Trying to lose 40 before next July. I just need friends and supporters to keep me in line and accountable. I also have great ideas to share about eating right etc. At my workplace they bring in health and fitness experts with great tips and info. :wink:
  • kaities
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Annette and ive been doing this for 5 weeks and lost 9.8lbs walking 30min a day helps just make sure to be true to urself u will do just fine welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Christi1979
    Christi1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I just started doing this yesterday. I had been signed up for a while, but didn't really get started until now. So far I am enjoying My fitness pal and all of it's awesome features to help you lose weight and get in shape.
  • kaities
    Options
    share my husband needs to gain weight also dont be embarresed!
  • nadalieblue
    Options
    Just started yesterday. Really want to get serious about losing this weight I've put on since having my kids. Would love to hear any ideas for what really works.