Tips to stop binging on days when i'm tired?

Options
On days when I'm really tired, like i dont get enough sleep, I tend to just wanna eat constantly or eat bad things. Any tips to help with this (except for more sleep obv :P) I just hate how it can ruin my diet and i am NOT going off track!!

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When I have days like that I try to exercise and drink water
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    My friend sells Shakeology shakes.....They really help me! I even put a little coffee or peanut butter in them sometimes.....they give me energy! Let me know if you want a sample and she will hook u up, I am sure!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    My friend sells Shakeology shakes.....They really help me! I even put a little coffee or peanut butter in them sometimes.....they give me energy! Let me know if you want a sample and she will hook u up, I am sure!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes. It's like I want to eat to stay awake. We have a fitness center at my work and I'll go hop on the elliptical machine for 10 minutes to wake up. Either that or I drink a Monster Absolute Zero - never said I was perfect!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I know this isn't what you want to hear but when you lack sleep, the hormone that tells you "I'm full" is supressed and the hormone that tells you "I'm hungry" increases. So the only advice I can give you is to plan out your day in small meals. That way your blood sugar won't dip and cause you to feel like you are REALLY hungry. Try whole grains to keep yourself full, include a little peanut butter in there. Whole eggs keep you full pretty long. And keep a snack in your purse. But truely sleep is the best thing for you, and will hinder your weight loss if you keep it up.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Have a bottle of water with you all day, and just constantly take a swig. Try chewing a bit of gum too.
    If you know you are going to have a long day, try spreading out your calories, making your meals smaller so snacks won't sabotage you.
  • MelisD
    Options
    I binge eat too! I lost 12lbs and gained 4 back from just nightly sporadic binge eatting. I'll do great all day and then ruin my diet in 20 minutes right before bed!. I want to eat constantly AND eat bad things!. I think mine has to do with stress more than just being tired. It is nice to know I am not the only one. I have been thinking about my nasty habit a lot and the only conclusion I came up with is that if I can get myself to say no the first 2-3 times it should get easier from there. I just have to stop myself and divert my attention or something. I bought baby carrots to crunch on thinking that atleast I can try to binge on carrots if I want to eat a lot in one period. Sorry I am not much help. I plan to check back for help from everyone else!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lol, my job tends to have me do tedious and repetitive tasks and sometime I get to the point where i'm in the middle of something and i'm actually falling asleep. It's not the healthiest, but I drink a half can of diet mountain dew to counteract my short term lethargy. I heard somewhere that half a soda contains just the right amount of caffeine to be most effective and anything more doesn't get as potent of results.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise, it will give you endorphins that give you energy. I can't believe how well it works.