bloated upper abs?

Options
Hello all,

I hope someone can answer this: I have been doing the 30DS off and on...I am on the day three of level 2. I also squeeze in cardo when I can...mostly dancing (cos its fun!). I have lost inches all over...except my tummy! my upper abs are pushing out a lot!!!! but when I sort of feel on them...they are hard...like there is some muscle...but I need to loose it....

Everything I wear looks hideous because of the "bulge"...it is getting me down...all i can see is this humongous tummy....

HELP!! what do I do? I have cut back on carbs, I don't eat anything white, no sugar either....and I drink lots of water....

Would Pilates help?

Thanks all

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Sweetie that should go away later :D
  • ginandtonica
    ginandtonica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am seeing the same thing. Here is what a girlfriend told me her trainer told her (so take it for what it is)
    When you have a layer of fat built up over muscles that have very little tone, the fat just sort of sits there, maybe sinking in. Once you start to develop some strength and tone in those same muscles, the fat can no longer sag down; it is pushed op on your newly taut stomach muscles. This makes the fat stick out. Through further diet and exercise the fat will go away, leaving only lovely toned abs. Sort of like when you clean your whole house it looks like a huge mess before it is spotless Same same with our bodies sometimes.

Not sure if it is 100 percent true (or even half!) but it makes sense and it makes me feel better about the new pooch below my boobs.

Hope this helps...
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It might be worth checking with a doctor in case it's some sort of growth. After losing a lot of weight but not being able to get rid of a hard bulge in her tummy, a friend of mine discovered she had a benign tumour the size of a grapefruit, which had to be removed.
  • akhirani
    akhirani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @ginandtonica This helps...that is what have been reading online...but it is embarrassing...thank you though :)
    :smile:

I hope it is not a growth....my husband is a doc...he thinks it the 30DS ....it might not be a good workout for me....but i Looooove it!!

It had better go away...