My dog stole my weights

Options
I have one of those big balls (which my dog HATES) and have been doing a DVD for that along with walking on the treadmill every day. I have hand weights (5 lb) that I use during the exercises. I was doing the ab stuff, went to get the weights for the arm stuff and one of them was missing. I went into my room and my dog was sitting there on my bed with it in his mouth. I wish I had taken a pic but I was so shocked I didn't think of it. I guess I will have to keep them up when I am not actually using them.

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have one of those big balls (which my dog HATES) and have been doing a DVD for that along with walking on the treadmill every day. I have hand weights (5 lb) that I use during the exercises. I was doing the ab stuff, went to get the weights for the arm stuff and one of them was missing. I went into my room and my dog was sitting there on my bed with it in his mouth. I wish I had taken a pic but I was so shocked I didn't think of it. I guess I will have to keep them up when I am not actually using them.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: My dog was carrying a one pound weight around the house in her mouth the other night. I thought she was the only one:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , but I guess not. :laugh: :laugh:
  • msdivadivine
    Options
    Now I bet that was just too precious. What kind of dog is it?
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    Lab/Dane mix. That is him in my pic. He is a huge baby and thinks he needs to be the center of attention at all times. I guess he figured if he stole the weight I would stop working out and play with him. :glasses:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    solve that problem and get 10-15 pound weights. It will increase your metabolism, and hopefully your dog wont be able to steal them!!!:wink:
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    solve that problem and get 10-15 pound weights. It will increase your metabolism, and hopefully your dog wont be able to steal them!!!:wink:

That could be an idea but he is a pretty big boy. Those Kong (sp) toys that are supposed to be indestructable are no match for him.....15 minutes tops. I will have to just put them up on the entertainment center when I am not using them. :laugh:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    OMG :laugh: can't stop laughing. That sound like my dog popcorn. If she tried to do it with my 8 pound weight her back legs would come off the floor :bigsmile:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My dog hates my balance ball. Everytime I am on it doing situps, he jumps on my stomach and growls. I think he is trying to protect me from the evil ball, but it is hillarious with me on the ball, and him ontop of me (he is only 15 lbs)
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    My daughters dog always grabs my 5lbs weights when I put them down. He doesn't like it when I workout at home he thinks I should be playing with him. When I do push ups he crawls under me. He thinks he is so cute (He is cute).:smile:
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old Rottie... that's him in my pic... I though we were the only ones who had puppy problems, lol. He doesn't steal my weights he just like to get right up in my way. Like when I am doin lunges he'll slowly creep up and get in the way of myt steps or wait until I am doing a pushup and then he is right at my feet and doesn't understand why he has to MOVE.

Good Luck with your weights!!
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My adult Rottie/Lab used to carry around a 16lb bowling ball. He thought it was his toy, you couldn't keep him off it!! Funny stuff :laugh: wish I had a pic to share