INSANE!

Options
Ok....calling all those who have completed the Insanity programme...I just completed day 5...I thought I was reasonably fit, I run, I do weight training etc....APPARENTLY not!!!!!! This is the toughest workout I have ever done! I'm not giving up or anything like that as I LOVE a challenge, but I'm just wondering how others felt when they took it on? I guess I will be FIT by the end of the 8 weeks

Replies

• cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I watched the promo thing on TV and said NO WAY am I ready for that, grats to you and good luck:bigsmile:
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    It gets easier, I swear! Good luck, and have fun with it!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Sloane, you're my hero!!! Day 2 for me. Not looking forward to day 3. But since you're ahead of me, I'm going to try to keep up.
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    I am in week 2 of a P90X/Insanity hybrid - the warmup for my first Insanity workout kicked my a@@. But today during week 2 I was able to keep up ok - actually better than some of the participants in the actual video. Not bad for an old man (me)...
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love p90x... I can't wait to start insanity! Good luck And feel free to friend I could use all the support I can get ;-)
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It will get easier though week 3, then you have recovery week which isn’t too bad. However starting week six is another story; workouts go to +50min and you will occasionally find yourself screaming obscenities at Shaun T. The saving grace is that all the hard bodies in the video are struggling as much as you are. I have noticed the biggest difference in my quads, core, and tries. Do your best and don’t stop moving.
  • shrinkingviolet23
    shrinkingviolet23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've just come across the Insanity workout today and I'm debating giving it ago. Do you need at least a basic level of fitness first? I've not even made it to Level 3 of Shred yet so not sure whether I should get myself a little fitter before thinking about doing this?
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would encourage anyone committing to Insanity to either have a fairly good level of fitness, or be prepared to modify the workouts. I started the year with P90X, and then trained for a half marathon before starting Insanity. I am in the sixth week and it is rough. I can’t imagine what it would be like without the training I did earlier in the year.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh thank goodness!!!! I thought I was being a whimpyes Ric I agree you would have to be reasonably fit to partake, I am really excited about the next few weeks...and yes I didn't feel so bad like you say some of the people doing it with hi
    are struggling too! My stomach is the area I really want to improve I've always hated it, it just never looks good even when I was really skinny, so I'm trying to atleast tighten it up
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I was shocked the first month and just when I started feeling like I could do it, then month two came around, which is 50% harder! I finished last week and I can't believe how strong I feel, mentally as well as physically! Keep digging deeper!
  • walkingsun89
    walkingsun89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also proud of myself for my insanity workouts. I am doing month 2 and also say "not so nice things" to Shaun T. lol I love to do a 2 mile run after it sometimes. I feel so strong some days and just go with it. Other days not so much. I will sometimes jump back to month one and then combined it with other cardio. I did cardio core and balance today and entered it as pilates. Do you think that would be accurate for that dvd? I entered the other discs as high impact aerobics.