New to MFP, friend lost 20#, I'm interested

I'm a 56 year old male and I'm ready to lose some weight. I got married 31 years and almost 50 pounds ago. I just joined yesterday after thinking about it for about 3 months. After all, I don't need help, right? Wrong. I'd love to lose 40 pounds, but ANYthing would be great.

It's been helpful just being able to view the calories on different choices just after one day. I hope this can be a great success story because it's getting hard to take a deep breath with these extra pounds in the way.

Replies

• soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Welcome..it's very helpful to see it all in black and white. Stick with it and you will be a success story! Add me as a friend if you'd like
  • I am 45 and have lost 42 pounds since July. It helps to record all the food that you consume. It shows you where the calories are and what you need to eat in moderation. Good luck and happy losing!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Feel free to add me.. I may be quite young but I have a lot to lose. I log everything I put into my mouth and often I try to plan for days ahead of time. I have two kids and a husband who are relatively picky eaters so my challenge is enjoying lower calorie recipes that taste great. If you would like some ideas give me a holler!
  • ive been doing mfp for a little while. and im just now getting back into it again. its amazing how much you learn. like i can have 1 of these or 10 of these for the same amount of calories. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Good for you! Keep up the good work :)