Is it ok to go over? Please help!

Options
Is it ok to go over your daily limit of you stay under your weekly goal?
I'm going out to dinner later and I'm worried if I get a nice steak or similar I will go over my 1200 limit.
I usually under eat but 100-200 cals (just not hungry) and dont eat back my exercise cals.

Would it be ok to have a bit extra?

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    exercise and it wont be extra
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think that one time will hurt you. I have a nice dinner every once in a while and I try not to let it bother me. When I go out to eat I try not to go starving so that I don't eat everything in sight and maybe try to get an extra workout in so I don't feel guilty. A treat every once in a while isn't going to ruin everything. Just make smart decisions about what you order.
    Good luck! :smile:
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    If you are within your weekly goal, you will be fine. A lot of people zig zag (different amount of cals everyday, but stick within their weekly range) on here to keep their metabolism up... you will be fine! Don't stress and enjoy your dinner! :)
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    If you are within your weekly goal, you will be fine. A lot of people zig zag (different amount of cals everyday, but stick within their weekly range) on here to keep their metabolism up... you will be fine! Don't stress and enjoy your dinner! :)

This is exactly right. I might be 200 lower on Thursday 100 higher on Friday, then back down. No matter what your calorie goal your not going to hit it right on.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    When I was logging religiously, I used to focus more on the weekly goal and less on the daily goal. Some days I was over and some under - it is called zig zagging.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    No. Your body doesn't run on a 24 hour clock, so if you are over one day but not over for the week you will be fine.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Is it ok to go over your daily limit of you stay under your weekly goal?
    I'm going out to dinner later and I'm worried if I get a nice steak or similar I will go over my 1200 limit.
    I usually under eat but 100-200 cals (just not hungry) and dont eat back my exercise cals.

Would it be ok to have a bit extra?
    Why WOULDN'T it be OK? You are not going to gain weight (if that's what you fear) by going over on calories for one day.
  • jesspetren
    Options
    Yes - it's OK. A few things to keep in mind - you have a daily goal, but ultimately, it is how well you do in a week. Will you be eating 3,500 fewer calories than you burn in a week? If so, you should lose a healthy one pound per week. Secondly, if you always eat the same number of calories daily, your body will eventually adjust to the lower amount and plateau. It is good to confuse the body by ramping up over the course of a week or two (starting lower than your goal at the beginning, and ending higher than your daily goal at the end...making sure you still don't go over the amount of calories in a week), or...zig-zag - a day or two of being low, a day or two of being high, back to low, etc. I find that zig-zagging works for me because I am not disciplined enough to follow the ramping plan. Also, I tend to be extremely hungry some days and then not so hunger on others. Hope this helps...
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Go out and enjoy yourself. If you're over a little so be it. Go back to your healthy eating habits tomorrow and you'll be fine. Oh, and do not jump out of bed first thing in the morning and weigh yourself. Relax and give yourself a couple of days before you step on the scales.