Help me choose please!

Options
http://pompiliosrestaurant.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=492

I'm going here for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate a friends birthday. I am going to do my best to get a decent run in so I can have a bit of a cushion in calories but it's Italian so not exactly healthly eating friendly.

I was kind of leaning towards the Sea Scallops found on the 4th tab over, at the bottom, but just not sure.

Anyone else see something better?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• larat71
    Options
    The Speidini of Shrimp and Scallops looks like it would be good also...and you can NEVER go wrong with Pesto:)
  • dsc32209
    dsc32209 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The scallops should be OK. Just go easy on the sauce and pasta!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm headed out to an Italian restaurant I choose either a small (lunch) portion of the spaghetti and marinara (sometimes meat sauce, depending on the calories I have left for the meal) or cheese ravioli with marinara. Most cheese ravioli with marinara dishes are around 650 calories. Add a side salad (dressing on the side) and you could have a delicious, and rather healthy meal for under 700 calories. Good luck! Some of those dishes sounded amazing.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    The scallops or the halibut calabria. I think as long as you don't eat a huge portion anything is fine :D Have fun, looks really nice.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    If it were me, I would go with the Mediterranean salad and add grilled chicken or grilled shrimp. Then you could splurge on a nice glass of wine or a bite or two of dessert :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would go with the Mediterranean salad and add grilled chicken or grilled shrimp. Then you could splurge on a nice glass of wine or a bite or two of dessert :)
    \\

Yep, This^
  • armywifejenny222
    Options
    If you want to have pasta, on the third tab of that menu, it offers an option to change the pasta to a whole wheat penne or spaghetti in any dish...not much lower in calories, but a healthier calorie if you want to have pasta :)
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    \\

Yep, This^

I love salads, but the Mediterranean one didn't appeal to me at all. I'd be having them take off the Olives, Peppers the Feta Cheese and the Greek Dressing, which doesn't leave much of what makes it that salad.

I'm Italian so to go someplace and not get pasta goes against my grain (haha, pun intended). I did notice they do the wheat pasta so I may do that with a light marinara sauce and the scallops. I never eat all of it anyways and I'll definitely see if they have either a small portion or see if I can order of the kids menu.

Thanks again everyone!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Order whatever you like from the 4th tab and eat only half of the pasta served. Bring the rest home for lunch the next day.