bump
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Mocha cookies sound yummy...thanks! :o)
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do you think these can be made with splenda?

I have not tried this recipe before, but here is one for "splendid splenda meringues!" Hope this helps!
  • amandamyers1212
    Options
    bump
  • xhailey3lainexx
    Options
    This looks amazingg.. I need the recipe for the mocha ones!
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!! I like the idea of making myself instead of having just the plain vanilla ones from the store.
  • gwensmamma06
    Options
    Those look soooo good! I will take five 15 calorie cookies please! LOL
  • MIssFinny
    Options
    This looks amazingg.. I need the recipe for the mocha ones!

Mocha meringues were made using the recipe I originally posted plus a packet of starbucks via iced coffee (you can use less for a lighter coffee taste. A whole packet produces a very strong flavor!) I used a half square of baker's bitersweet chocolate for the glaze.
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    **BUMP**
  • Angelic1971
    Options
    bumpers:flowerforyou:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    neeed these N O W
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    they look so YUMMY!!
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    mmmm... Bump!
  • Sayne
    Sayne Posts: 23
    Options
    I was just saying to my hubby that I'd like to make something to satisfy my sweet cravings during the week. Was going to try low fat muffins because I can freeze them. Can I freeze these or how long will they keep in an air tight container? By the way great pics and a brilliant idea (15 cals). Thanks :)
  • ZennzayK
    Options
    Cutting out sweets/any added sugars almost completely, has made my sweet tooth almost disappear.
  • MIssFinny
    Options
    I was just saying to my hubby that I'd like to make something to satisfy my sweet cravings during the week. Was going to try low fat muffins because I can freeze them. Can I freeze these or how long will they keep in an air tight container? By the way great pics and a brilliant idea (15 cals). Thanks :)

They should keep for about a week in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate and do not freeze.
  • a_fill
    a_fill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    …Meringue Cookies!

I have a serious sweet tooth and I needed something to shove in my mouth this weekend in order to satisfy my cravings! I ended up in the kitchen Saturday and Sunday making meringues. Once you get the hang of making meringues they are quite fun to make. You can get creative and experiment with different flavors, add-ins, colors, and shapes.

The recipe I use can be found here:
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/-Boo--rrific-Kisses

If you’ve never made meringues before here is a site that has some helpful tips:
    http://www.dominosugar.com/baking-tips-how-tos/advanced-baking-tips/meringue-tips

Here’s what I made this past weekend- each “cookie” comes out to about 15 calories each.

Do you think these could these be made with splenda? Not that thier not already low cal! Just curious