Looking for other people using medifast

Options
Hey, I have been on medifast 5&1 plan for 3 months. I've lost 28 lbs, which is a miracle. If you are also doing this plan, friend me. I think it would be good to have support. I've got 20 lbs to go until my next mini goal. Please don't bother posting things about joining weight watchers or judgemental comments about "quick fixes". This is working for me and I am ok with it. I gained 85 lbs because I was pregnant, not due to diet. It is harder for me to lose than maintain, so some friends and i are doing this plan. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Replies

• abberz5615
    abberz5615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Congrats on finding something that works for you. I am actually a certified counselor with Medifast so if you have any questions....let me know!
  • plentyoo7
    Options
    I'm on it! abberz5615 I have a question, I've been on this plan for a week now and today I ate something I shouldn't had, half a muffin, and I feel horrible. Not just guilt but physically ill. Normal? I'm presuming it's just from the instant sugar spike, but holy crap.
  • JaneWrastle
    Options
    plenters, i don't know if its the diet - i once at a muffin and some dried food and thought i was going to pass out - i went to my doc and he said i was semi-hypoglycemic.....
  • tiffco
    Options
    I've been on it since last Monday and I felt great the first week. I went off the plan over the Halloween weekend by having some party snacks that included a mini cupcake and hotdog with bun. I also felt ill that night and now I'm wondering if I have some sort of wheat sensitivity. Back on the plan and feel great again.
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've been on Medifast for 9 weeks and lost 20 pounds, for a total this year of 45.

If you're on medifast too, friend me! :)
  • Salsa73
    Salsa73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Medifast on October 14th. So far, I have lost over 8 lbs. I tired so many things before, but my weight wouldn't budge! I'm so happy this is finally working.
  • elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started Medifast on September 5th and, as of today, have lost 19.4 pounds! Would love to have more MF-friendly friends. :)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • AllieK1030
    Options
    heard great things about medifast! was thinking about starting!
  • emandbensmom
    Options
    I am now in maintenance, but lost 52 pounds while on the 5&1 and 4&2 in about 4 months. (I had to transition to 4&2 because of my workouts.) And I have lost another 8 pounds since. It is a great program, but don't cheat if you want to see the optimum results. Also try to incorporate some exercise as soon as you are able. Good luck to you and great job so far!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have about 15 lbs do go before I start the transition to 4&2. As soon as I kick my month long bronchitis i have sworn to get back on the bike. It doesn't have a bunch of clothes hanging off of it, so that's progress.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes its normal to feel ill..because your body has gotten used to being healthier and u have cleared all the toxins from your body ..I have eaten just one meal and felt nauseated and like I wanted to throw up and woke up with a food hangover the next day...not fun..so now after about 3 slips n the last 12 weeks I have just decided I hate feeling that way so I'm gonna stick to the Medifast plan 100% and I'm glad I have 43.5 lbs down n 12 weeks!!;)
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's amazing weight loss for 12 weeks!!! Good for you!! :D I probably slip up at least once a week and have lost about 25 pounds in 11 weeks. But I only have 12 pounds to go until my goal weight! It's coming off slower now. :( But that is to be expected once you get closer to your goal weight. I hope to be at goal by the end of the year, but I am not sure that is going to happen. I'm just thrilled to no longer be "Overweight".
  • max4pups
    max4pups Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used MF through august and September reaching my goal weight Oct 5th WOOHOO \o/
    I did slip of a time or too and i seemed super hard as I got closer to goal but I made it.
    Can't believe the foods i love now and it's crazy the foods I no longer miss or desire to eat!
    I've maintained my weight since then and am cheering on my DH who has lost 45 lbs since August and has 15 more to go to reach his goal. YAY! :D