calories and goals

Options
So my reports keep saying that I have calories left each day due to exersize,is this ok? It also says that I will only lose 1.9 lbs a week but I want 15 lbs a month. How can I acheive this? thanks!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    15 pounds in a month is about 5 pounds a week. That's 17,500 calories you need to cut a week, 2500 a day. If it takes 2000 for you to live, you'd have to eat nothing AND burn 500 calories a day. Yeah NOT healthy.

1-2 pounds lost per week is really the best way to go. It's not a race. Many studies have show that weight lost slower is easier to keep off. You are less likely to lose muscle mass, more likely to stick with your diet, etc. This is the rest of your life we are talking about. There's no reason to rush it.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    eat your calories and you will lose. forget about quick fixes. ok, yep?
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    15 pounds in a month is about 5 pounds a week.

Is there only 3 weeks in your months? Cause mine have just over four generally......which would equal out to roughly 3.8 lbs a week, which is doable especially if you are obese.
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking also. Im new to this weight loss new life Im starting so I was thinking 15 lbs loss on 5 week months. thanks for the support.
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    Im not in a race I would just like to lose 60lbs by May:)